The best tactical AK74 out there?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

:lol: we aim to please :lol:

The red dot I have on my CM.048, is zeroed pretty well. It is perfect for windage (the left/right adjustment), but elevation (the up/down adjustment) is very dependant upon range - I have mine set for approximately 35m, which means I am often aiming up (ie my target is below the reticule). The reason I set it that way, is because that is the distance to the most convenient target, which I can aim at, out of my back bedroom window. In use the sight does not shake.

I have also used a replica Elcan Spectre 3.4x zoom scope on it, and that held its zero just fine also (although due to the mount, having been adjusted for an SVD, and the scope's adjuster being quite limited, the reticule was just left of target, at maximum windage). It is quite heavy, and also tall, so if shaking was going to be a problem with anything, that scope would have caused it, but as i say, it didn't.

I red dot I use is one of these. It does fit onto 20mm rails as well as 11mm: you just turn the clamps upside down. I now have it on a better mount made by ICS. Which is considerably more expensive than necessary, but I got it 2nd hand for a good price. One of these would do the job just fine.

Is there a way to keep lower wooden handguard and add rail on it so i can attach folding foregrip on it? CM048 with red dot scope + rail on the top (gas tube) and rail on the handguard (but with wood still there) would look really nice. But i doubt this is possible.

• Supporters

It would be possible yeah, but i don't think it would look good. You can buy short rail sections, with bolt holes to attach them. To make it look good, I think you would be better to make the lower handguard from wood yourself, so that the underside of it was flat, for the rail to attach flush to the woodwork. Or you could get a Romanian AIMS wooden front grip - either an airsoft one, or from a real steel AIMS would fit.

• Supporters

I don't think it is a real world rifle, no. The receiver is an AK-74 type, as is the flash hider, but the magazine is 7.62x39mm, which is the wrong calibre - it should have a 5.45x39mm straighter mag. Although I suppose it could be intended to be a prototype of the AK-103 - but real 103's have polymer furniture.

• Supporters

ah.... the he refereed to?

Not that much else inside to be fair.

The VFC/TM difference is basically the externals and the way they're put together. The TM ones use a lot of screws and are mostly plastic, the VFC ones are pinned together and are mostly metal.

Mostly.

• Supporters

So if the magazine is replaced with the proper one it is pretty close to the real thing. I'm not sure about the wire stock, it looks different then on others AK74s.

Maybe. Do some research on AK-103 though. That stock does look more like the 'non folding LR300' design, but the Chinese Type 56/2 stock is somewhat similar.

ah.... the he refereed to?

They have the same gearbox, hop unit, and barrel.

• Supporters

mmh the tm got all that nasty plasticy junk around it thou, but fair enough.

Yeah, the battery tray. I take them out anyway so i can fit a Turnigy NT LiPo in there. But I do have to modify the top strap of the gearbox, to hold the cocking handle spring in place... but yeah, the VFC clone is better.

Ok, gunfire.pl officialy decided that i will get a refund for faulty E&L gun. So, now is the time to pull the trigger for my new AK74 :) After all the talk we had here...I LOVE the look of LCT G-03 NV, so my hart says get this one. Brains say - you idiot, buy Cyma CM048. You people say? :)

My mind is set for LCT G-03. I just need to wait for a good price (cough, cough). Problem is, i can't find anyone that knows if this is AK47 or AK74? It is an LCT hybrid with Galil stock and some shops are stating, that the reciever is AK47, other, that it is Ak74. It is important to me, because i want to buy more magazines and don't want to buy the wrong ones. Will Ak74 waffle magazine fit into Ak47? Probably not.

mind is set for LCT G-03 NV: lct-aeg-g03-nv_1_mark.jpg

It's definitely an AK74, not an AK47, but it's been put together as a hybrid by someone who has not done their homework, as there are some features which mean that it could never be a real-world weapon (although don't let that put you off, as the error is easily correctable, if you like it and think it looks cool, then go for it).

Here's why we know it is an AK74... First up, take a look at this picture I've knocked up for you:

akid_zps485008de.jpg

Okay, that puts it pretty much beyond doubt right? So here's the problem: We have an AK47 magazine on the thing. We know it is an AK47 magazine because it has a very pronounced curve, which had to be the case on the AK47's mag in order to accommodate the larger calibre rounds, which are considerably tapered. The AK74 uses the smaller calibre round, which is less tapered, so the magazines are straighter. This means there is no way it is the correct magazine for an AK74. Physically, it is possible to fit an AK47 magazine into an AK74, even though the thing would not feed properly since the rounds are the wrong calibre and would not fit into the breech, although the other way around (i.e. fitting an AK74 magazine into an AK47) is not possible at all because the AK74 mags have a little raised bit on them to prevent the magazine seating properly, which was done because if you could have fitted an AK74 mag onto an AK47, the rounds would have chambered, but would of course be rattling around in the breech, so it would possibly fire a round of the wrong calibre with potentially disastrous results.

Other bits. It's a Galil folding stock as you know, which I guess is okay since the Galil is basically a rip off of the AK. The top half of the fore grip looks like one found on some East German AKs made at the Ernst Thaelmann VEB Factory , although don't take that as gospel. The rear sight is like that found on the AK47 and the Chicom Type 56 rather than the one typically found on the AK74, although they are interchangeable, so it isn't actually impossible, just a bit odd, not that it matters for airsoft, since you can't shoot out past 800m with an airsoft gun.

I think it looks pretty cool actually, and it would look like a real world possibility if you got some spare AK74 mags for it instead of that AK47 one.

That is one fine answer.

So basically it is a little Frankenstein (put together from different guns). Are airsoft magazines compatible between each other? This gun will take AK74 magazines without any problems? I already have 1 low cap 70rd steel LCT magazine at home and i'm looking to buy mid caps for this gun. I really like waffle design, but it's for AK74 and i can only find hicap plastic ones for now from European stores. Which manufacturer magazines will fit to LCT? I hear Cymas don't.

I'm guessing (and it is a guess), that the airsoft AK74 mags are the same as the AK47 ones in terms of how they feed the rounds, in that they don't have the little raised ridge to prevent you putting one into an AK47, as is the case on real AK74 mags, since there is no need to worry about calibre differences on airsoft versions. And since the fitting differences are pretty much cosmetic where pretty much all airsoft guns are concerned and certainly when it comes to AKs, I'm assuming that they never bothered modelling that difference on the top bit of their AK74 mag versus the top bit of their AK47 mag, and even if they did, I bet you could bodge it with a bit of judicious filing. It'd be fairly cheap to find out in any case, since a mag is only 20 quid, and if it did not fit you could always fling it on ebay or whatever, and you'd maybe be out a fiver after selling it.

Yes,AK 7.62 mags and AK 5.45 mags in airsoft are all interchangeable,the lock system is pretty much universal,so for Gargamel to get it a legit AK74 all you need to do is buy some 5.45 mags and jam them in.

I also love the LCT G-03,the heat shield on top looks lovely and I quite like the comfort of Galil stock. Good choice on gun and I'd say it will not disappoint you performance wise and certainly not disappoint you external quality wise

• Supporters

This is not a 74 but probably fits the bill better than anything else we've considered...

Edit: oops there are 2 74 varients - i just looked at the top 1 and thought of you.

• Supporters

Sorry I didn't realise that was what you were talking about to begin with. Oops :wacko:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.