What sight should I get for this rifle?

fitsu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello again guys!

Some of you may remember me from my thread earlier today where I was finalizing my choice of rifle, well thanks to all your advise I decided to get a G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider-L.

Now, I have a more challenging question... What sight should I get for it? I do most my playing in outside forest areas, but I will rarely be shooting more than 100yds so I doubt id need a full blown scope which leaves me with red dot sights... But I really don't know where to start on this, sadly I don't have access to go and try any so I need to lean on all your advice just a little bit more!

Initially I would like to know what's better a reflex sight, a scope or a holographic? To me reflex scopes look a lot better but ultimately I want what is going to give me the best accuracy, best bang for my buck.

Secondly, id love if people could recommend some sights they've tried and tested them-self as like I said before right now I truly just do not know where to go with these.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hello again guys!

Some of you may remember me from my thread earlier today where I was finalizing my choice of rifle, well thanks to all your advise I decided to get a G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider-L.

Now, I have a more challenging question... What sight should I get for it? I do most my playing in outside forest areas, but I will rarely be shooting more than 100yds so I doubt id need a full blown scope which leaves me with red dot sights... But I really don't know where to start on this, sadly I don't have access to go and try any so I need to lean on all your advice just a little bit more!

Initially I would like to know what's better a reflex sight, a scope or a holographic? To me reflex scopes look a lot better but ultimately I want what is going to give me the best accuracy, best bang for my buck.

Secondly, id love if people could recommend some sights they've tried and tested them-self as like I said before right now I truly just do not know where to go with these.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

I don't think any AEG can even shoot to 100 yards... yet.

Reflex sight and holographic are the same thing. One of the most common are eotech 552 replicas. Other than that, there are aimpoints (brand name) like the T1 or M2. If you want some zoom, you can always buy magnifiers that sit behind the sight, preferably ones that can swivel to the side so you switch from close range to longer ranged.

I don't think any AEG can even shoot to 100 yards... yet.

Reflex sight and holographic are the same thing. One of the most common are eotech 552 replicas. Other than that, there are aimpoints (brand name) like the T1 or M2. If you want some zoom, you can always buy magnifiers that sit behind the sight, preferably ones that can swivel to the side so you switch from close range to longer ranged.

Yeah, I dunno why I said such a massive number... I'm still not used to all this and my brain was like "it's a scope so it must shoot far!" haha.

Oh? I thought reflex and holographic were different, my bad. Would something like -

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/aiming-devices-mounts-and-bipods-c7/red-green-dot-scopes-c75/g-g-551-holo-sight-replica-p1423

be good then based on what you was saying about eotech replicas?

A scope I was looking at was -

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/aiming-devices-mounts-and-bipods-c7/red-green-dot-scopes-c75/g-g-cd13-trt30gd-red-dot-scope-p1411

Thanks for your advice.

When it comes to red dots you want something that isn't heavy and restricts as little of your vision as possible. The Eotech holographic replicas (551 and such) are quite small and light and the vision restriction isn't too bad. Personally I started with a bigger 30mm G&P red dot, but now I use a T1 micro red dot, its super light and restricts my vision minimally. Honestly a lot of its fashion which you choose.

Yeah, I dunno why I said such a massive number... I'm still not used to all this and my brain was like "it's a scope so it must shoot far!" haha.

Oh? I thought reflex and holographic were different, my bad. Would something like -

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/aiming-devices-mounts-and-bipods-c7/red-green-dot-scopes-c75/g-g-551-holo-sight-replica-p1423

be good then based on what you was saying about eotech replicas?

A scope I was looking at was -

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/aiming-devices-mounts-and-bipods-c7/red-green-dot-scopes-c75/g-g-cd13-trt30gd-red-dot-scope-p1411

Thanks for your advice.

It would be nice if putting a scope on made our guns shoot 100m yeah!

In generic terms the Eotech style sight (your first link) would work fine, they are fairly lightweight being largely plastic compared to the ACOG style (your second link) which are generally all metal and thus heavier, and give a slightly more restricted view due to the thickness and side mounted adjustment dials etc, although imho they look better than the Eotech on an M4.

As said its all a matter of what works for you really, I'm not familiar with those specific models you linked to but can't see why either wouldn't be ok.

When it comes to red dots you want something that isn't heavy and restricts as little of your vision as possible. The Eotech holographic replicas (551 and such) are quite small and light and the vision restriction isn't too bad. Personally I started with a bigger 30mm G&P red dot, but now I use a T1 micro red dot, its super light and restricts my vision minimally. Honestly a lot of its fashion which you choose.

Would you say http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-T1-Red-Dot-Sight-QD-Mount-Killflash-included-T-1-Scope-Airsoft-Black-UK-/131126903814 would be a wise choice then?

It's obviously a replica, yet I can't find which brand so that could be a bit risky?

So basically I'm on my phone so I can't type very well llol

If you find a dot sight etc, go onto eBay and it will be much cheaper there. I have an eotech 552 replica and it would be useless in the dark. Also, none of the lense protector works, I test fired mine and it blew up into approx 1734529 pieces... So I made my own out of a motorcycle visor and it is perfect. Only took about 30 mins as well

They are a bit of fashion, however they are much easier to aim with when you are wearing a face mask.

The brands are always acm (all China made) even the supposedly -g&p or we ones, they are exactly the same quality and made in the same factory but charged a higher price

Hope this helps, sorry BTW on my phone so typing is hard ;)

Oh yes BTW which charger and battery are you getting? Destination do you have the necessary gear like boots and combats etc...

I got all the combats/boots etc but thank-you for asking :).

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/we-airsoft-europe-8-4v-1600mah-crane-stock-battery-p3186/s3978

is the battery i'm using and charger.... Right I need a charger, best get one of those to :D.

Hmmm get a mart charger, when you swap over to lipo mean you can charge. Imax b6 or the accucel digital 6 with power supply are both very good

Aha, thank you i'll get on that!

So ultimately i've broken down my choice into 2... An Eotech 551/552 replica or Aimpoint T1 replica.

Both are actually on - http://battlestore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=20 and for a fairly good price, but no brand name.... Would they just be the exact same as the brand ones?

Also the T1 seems to have two mount heights, any information on that?

The thing called a "killflash" are they any good / worth using?

OK so yeah no branded are the see just cheaper

High mount is probably better for full Face mask and it looks cooler I guess, go with whatever you want.

Kill flash is a mesh lense protector, I see a lot of people use them with t-1s,however I have no idea if they do the job. I do know

eotech ones are crap, just make your

own, I can help with that :)

That eBay store is good, a bit more expensive however it is it he UK so you will get your item.

What face protection will you be wearing? You will want some good ones, eyes are not replaceable!

Yep, ask about the charger in the general discussion in the pinned, quick questions and answers thread, if you don't know where to get your charger.

OK so yeah no branded are the see just cheaper

High mount is probably better for full Face mask and it looks cooler I guess, go with whatever you want.

Kill flash is a mesh lense protector, I see a lot of people use them with t-1s,however I have no idea if they do the job. I do know

eotech ones are crap, just make your

own, I can help with that :)

That eBay store is good, a bit more expensive however it is it he UK so you will get your item.

What face protection will you be wearing? You will want some good ones, eyes are not replaceable!

Yep, ask about the charger in the general discussion in the pinned, quick questions and answers thread, if you don't know where to get your charger.

I'll be wearing a pair of mesh goggles and then just a material face mask so there shouldn't be any issues with sighting the gun.

With making my own, honestly i'm crap with DIY haha I think i'll look into that sort of thing in the future! So would you recommend picking up the t-1?

I'm crap as well although my dad helped him (I'm 14). So yeah as it's in the UK I would say try the high mount, and if not take it back. Kill flash is included so no need to worry about that I'm on my phone so how much is it? If it's the 40 quid or n yeah that's a good price :) BTW for mesh goggles I would recommend heroshark he's kind of the best tbh...

I'm crap as well although my dad helped him (I'm 14). So yeah as it's in the UK I would say try the high mount, and if not take it back. Kill flash is included so no need to worry about that I'm on my phone so how much is it? If it's the 40 quid or n yeah that's a good price :) BTW for mesh goggles I would recommend heroshark he's kind of the best tbh...

Yeah it's £40... I think i'm going to go with this then, thanks a ton for all your help!

Now I just need extra mags, charger kit, Foregrip, C02 and BBs. hehe

So for mags do you and mids? Most people prefer not having to wind them up... Mag 130 rounders are fine as well as the 190 rounders. For the fore grip if you have a rail have i think you do, get a magpul rig. Type in magpul foregrip into eBay and it will be there. Why co2? Cat see what guns you own so Idk what you have.

Do you have a tactical vest / plate carrier? If your carrying like 8 mid caps then your going to need one. Bb wise get. 25s the extra range and accuracy is ridiculous!

So for mags do you and mids? Most people prefer not having to wind them up... Mag 130 rounders are fine as well as the 190 rounders. For the fore grip if you have a rail have i think you do, get a magpul rig. Type in magpul foregrip into eBay and it will be there. Why co2? Cat see what guns you own so Idk what you have.

Do you have a tactical vest / plate carrier? If your carrying like 8 mid caps then your going to need one. Bb wise get. 25s the extra range and accuracy is ridiculous!

Yeah I got a tac vest, and my pistol is a Colt 1911 A-1 (which is just amazing fun btw) so I just want some c02 for that.

I doubt i'll be carrying 8 mags, planning to be running with 1 in gun/2 on tac + speed loader. the "130 rounders" does that mean they only hold 130 pellets or am I miss reading that? I was thinking of just getting some high-cap clips which hold 480 pellets or would that not be recommended, I don't really mind winding.

I googled magpul foregrips but all I got was the shoulder-rest part of the gun...

What do you think of http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6563
http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=7767 was the mag I was planning on.

are 0.25s ok? I thought sites only allowed 0.20s.

You mentioned I would need a power-supply, can I not simply plug the charger into a wall socket?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.