Help me pick my first M4

fitsu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I just started recently and have been using rentals but now have my UKARA so please help me pick my first M4!

After much research I've been informed the G&G CM guns are excellent starter guns and amazing value for money and boiled down my choices to...

http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/G-G-Combat-Machine-CM16-Raider-L-104p66.htm

http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/G-G-CM16-R8L-104p413.htm

Only differences I can tell is the CM16-R8L has a scope, is slightly longer and has a 16000 rpm Hi-torque Long axis Motor while the Raider has a 25000 rpm Hi-torque Short axis Motor. Also i've been told the front site cannot be removed on the CM16 Raider-L which can make customizing a little tricky when applying new kit to the top rail.

Motor-wise, I have no idea what that really means I was hoping some of you more experienced players out there could possibly tell me what the differences are? Or if you have another M4 you would recommend, that would be cool to! (If it costs more but can justify the extra cost that is acceptable).

Currently I play in outside forest games shooting over fairly long ranges.

Any help would be great, thanks!

/e

Also, http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/G-G-GR15-Raider-L-Blowback-104p125.htm seems to be the CM16 but with a blowback system and a metal RAS... Is being more realistic sounding the only difference between this and a regular CM16-L?

The front sight post can be removed, you just need to remove like two pins.

I don't think the difference in length between the two will make much of a difference at all. It isn't your barrel length but more it's barrel quality and your hop up unit / hop rubber which improves it.

If the motor is running at 9,000 revolutions per minute faster I would imagine that's good for rate of fire and better trigger response but I guess it could also mean parts wear out quicker and you would need to replace the gears with a high torque / high speed set earlier.

By the way, it's not a scope that comes with it, but a red dot sight. They're kind of different....sorry just bugs me a bit. Scope suggests it is a magnified optic.

• Supporters

either choice would make a good starter gun ;)

i would go with the shorter one, as if you do CQB, its easier to move with (not that its a huge big issue having a longer gun, just makes it abit more tricky)

that said, go with what you think looks best, pop down and try them out for size etc B)

It's mostly down to looks. Thou I'd go for the shorter one thou for a first AEG, as it will be more versatile. Wouldn't want the long on on CQB for example, while the "shorter" will be just fine for say woodland.

Also the optic is a red dot rather than a scope. No zoom, great for aiming fast, especially in CQB, you can get them separate for cheap.

Thanks for the advise guys, I ended up getting the shorter one :D... This thread can be closed.

Next, I need to decide on a red dot (yes I said it right! thank you on that), i'll make a new thread for that because there are SO many choices and not nearly as much information was there was for rifles.

Thank you again.

• Supporters

dont just limit your self to a red dot ;)

how about a 551 (or 552) holographic sight ?? (i have one of these on my MP5K)

on my cm16 i have a 4x32 scope, with red/greed/blue cross hairs (think it was about £50 from china) works really well B)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.