General GBB gas/climate question

Saber6-1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK, I have scoured threads on various forums and googled the hell out of GBBR's and how they react in colder climates. As a former paintball player, I understand the variances in gas pressure in different temperatures. My question is simple, how do you all, here in England, handle the GBBR's in colder climates. Some articles stated running red gas (if compatible) under 40 in some makes, others stated under 50. While another article stated not to worry unless it was getting close to freezing.

For those of you here that uss GBBR's, what do you usually do in colder temps? Do you switch gas, use and AEG, or run around just throwing bb's at people.

Thanks all

in all honesty we use ggbrs unless it gets really cold c02 seems to be the next best thing as it doesn't cool down as easily aegs can performe poorly in icy snowy conditions aswell but not as bad as gbbs,hpa is theway forward i think

Propane works fine all year round, changing the viscosity of the lubricant is all thats needed during the winter. I use a much heavier lubricant in winter than I do in summer, and keep my mags in the warm until i want to use them. The only point I'll swap to Propylene Gas is sub -5 degrees celsius, which is incredibly rare.

the co2 tends to fair better in the colder temperatures. however firing full auto will cause the mag to cool down quicker. i recommend firing in busts or semi auto. if your using green gas then i would try keeping the mags warm in your pocket. this way it will keep it closer to body temp which sould let it run fine. if your keeping them in pouches then i would use hand warmers in behind the mags if there is room in the pouch for them. but be aware after u use the mag once it will be cooler and not work at optimum levels. also if the mag is too cold then there will be an instant gas release on the mag as it is so cold there isnt enough pressure to close the valve again. gas mags can be expensive and only hold around 30 bbs so if your reusing mags every round you might want to think about how to warm them up again. normally i would use my kwa mp7 gbb for a round then quickly swich to one of my aegs for a while. then move back to the mp7 when the mags have heated back up in the car or something. saves money on a lot of mags, expecially as they are £51 each for mine! lol

hope this helps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.