Found something to hate more than the P90

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Don't look too bad - future weapon - but a change from M4's I guess

BUT

can't help but think somebody fitted a too short barrel - next to no barrel

or final piece of 2 part outer barrel fell off as they took out of their gun bag

Damn my groupings are crap today - wtf where is the rest of me gun gone ???

It's a bullpup. The rest of the barrel is inside the length (oo-er) of the weapon.

Come on, you know this already surely?

It's a bullpup. The rest of the barrel is inside the length (oo-er) of the weapon.

Come on, you know this already surely?

Yeah but I thought the barrel was something g stupidly short like 80mm.would look it up but on my phone. I would happily be given one, imo doesn't look half bad

• Supporters

Yeah but I thought the barrel was something g stupidly short like 80mm.would look it up but on my phone. I would happily be given one, imo doesn't look half bad

The magazine is behind the trigger. How could the barrel even remotely be 80mm? You should try thinking about what you type before you actually commit it to the internet. This will come back to haunt you.

The internet never forgets....never forgets.....never forgets......

The magazine is behind the trigger. How could the barrel even remotely be 80mm? You should try thinking about what you type before you actually commit it to the internet. This will come back to haunt you.

The internet never forgets....never forgets.....never forgets......

Ah OK my bad.....

Cheers for clearing that up lol

I Like it! unbeliveably ergonomic easy to use compact with a fair size barrel no massive p90 mag.

i think people dont like it because it looks futuristic but i like my guns like i like my woman CURVY!

i mean F2000 so sexy.

OMGonads, just why? The Magpul PDR-C - what is it? A nerf or a supersoaker? No, no, got it now, it's a paintball gun, right?

*pic

yea it's plastic...... BUT it's a bullpup, does not have the 1911 type trigger and I think it looks pretty neat and ergonomic aswell.

Assuming it's as robust and precise.. I'm not even sure I'd choose a similar length type 97 over it (even thou the type 97 certainly looks much better).

If there is any consultation to you thou - magpul stopped making airsoft gear. Real shame imo actually, while I think the reasoning being the decision in general was correct - I know people really like the pmags and I think they'd still sell 'em to serious airsofters despite the clones.

• Supporters

The L85A2 is a bullpup. The FAMAS is a bullpup. The Type 95 & 97 are bullpups. This is a bullpoop.

• Supporters

yes I know its a bullpup - but just saying it ain't got much sticking out

AUG L85 - even MTAR21 has a little bit more barrel on it

I never said it was crap or hideous - just with its futuristic look it looked

well to me that it could of done with a bit more barrel

suppose a silencer/flash hider change might be possible if it has ccw

me personally I like a little more barrel at front but not mega long bare barrel on my stuff

(SVD & 1 or 2 others exception but prefer shorter/medium length barrels showing)

Just saying that was my first impression - looked like it needed a bit more length

(no smutty comments)

Not bad looking - doubt if I would buy - looks plastic and a little bit fell off to me like I tried to explain

• Supporters

I agree it looks shoddy BUT normally, you'd equip a PBS on it or a front grip; when there's a PBS on it, it's asking for fucks.

Woahhhh - it look like it HAD loads of shags or a product of loads of shags at a firearms orgy

bit of L85 AK in there - even if the end looks like a bird's nipple - but it has a little bit at end of barrel

very strange looking weapon but not as strange as them spoilers

lose the handle and it might actually be ok - odd but ok (bit like me)

im not keen on bullpups in general so this is like dogs sick hate how these new pdw-r etc are all plastic i know their trying to save weight but id prefer a bit more weight and not worry about it breaking if i drop it.

You know plastic guns aren't that fragile font you? The cheap ones may well be but good nylon fibre plastic is strong enough that you needn't worry

You know plastic guns aren't that fragile font you? The cheap ones may well be but good nylon fibre plastic is strong enough that you needn't worry

yeah,ive had plastic guns in the past and they have been okay but i seem to have a thing full metal or cnced parts :ph34r:

yeah,ive had plastic guns in the past and they have been okay but i seem to have a thing full metal or cnced parts :ph34r:

Fair enough, I just bought a realistically metal ICS l85 A2 myself :P

• Supporters

dose it make me odd if i like this? :wacko:B):lol:

Yes. Yes, it definitely does. You weirdo!

• Supporters

Whoo.. speculation central. Gotta love dem airsoft chinese whispers.

As is the story with so many carbine variants of issued rifles created throughout the last 100 years or so, there was a need for a compact weapon for aircrew, armoured vehicle crew etc. Something that had better range, accuracy, handling characteristics and magazine/ammo compatibility & capacity vs a 9mm pistol or sub-machine gun, while also being super compact (even more so than a 10.5" barreled M4). Funnily enough this is something our military has done well at over the years, many aircrew used to be issued the HK53 with the sliding stock which does collapse down extremely small yet being 556 with 30 round mags actually gives you a fighting chance against people with conventional military rifles. Then of course there's the L22 which has a much longer barrel than the HK53 (meaning better accuracy and muzzle velocity), is even more compact and takes the same mags as everyone else around you would be carrying.

I'm not sure whether the DoD actually put out any sort of contract or initiated a competition or set of trials for crewman PDW, but Magpul Industries unveiled the PDR back in 2006. Uses the conventional NATO standard for magazines and ammo in an extremely compact rifle which still maintains a long enough barrel for the 556 round to develop an effective muzzle velocity (along with numerous other advantages compared to an SMG).

Magpul Industries stopped working on it around '11 (probably no military interest) but as with the FMG/FPG before it a couple of employees carried on with finalising the external design, working together with PTS to bring the airsoft version to market. Personally I think they f'd up by coming out with the PDR-C rather than the PDR-D because the latter has some 20mm up front for modularity, a proper pistol grip and a physical selector/safety switch (one or the other).

400px-MagpulpdrD.jpg

Aesthetics... well that's about the most subjective thing in the world. The firearm itself has some shortfalls but it does the job it was designed for despite the long list of restrictions and limitations. Airsofters mostly live in a world based on guns dreamt up in the 40s and 50s, and for some reason despite most people being obsessed by 'the latest thing' in pretty much every aspect of life we're entirely stick-in-the-mud about weaponry. Not saying it's wrong to like AKMs or whatever, you can shoot BBs through whatever shaped toy you like on the weekend. Just saying that technology has moved on and when you look in to current design work you'll see the PDR actually doesn't look like a space raygun, it looks like a gun from 'today', perceptions are just skewed by the prevalence of very very old systems. A laptop or tablet would look ridiculously futuristic if everyone still had a dedicated room full to the rafters of whirring reels of tape as their home computers, but they don't, so it doesn't.

• Supporters

Which would be all very well, Chris, if ergonomic studies had shown that the people of today had shorter arms than those of 40-50 years ago. I just don't believe that they have...

I've got a G&G P90 and tbh I found it a little uncomfortable, a bit too short (and I'm not a tall person) post a few sessions, however I'm happy with bull pups as I still use my Ares Tavor with no problem. I know a couple of guys who have Magpul PDCs and they like them - apparently out of the box range and accuracy is very very good. Not really tried one myself though - I ought to ask to borrow one at some point.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.