Found something to hate more than the P90

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

OMGonads, just why? The Magpul PDR-C - what is it? A nerf or a supersoaker? No, no, got it now, it's a paintball gun, right?

PT608680307-1L.jpg

• Supporters

Not exactly known for being a fagpul fan, me... there are probably loads of hideous creations of theirs I've never heard of. I mean, I've nothing against Tupperware guns per se, but how is it that Heckler & Koch manage to make plastic look like it will fuck you up, whereas that looks like it comes in a box marked "Batteries Not Included"?

Not exactly known for being a fagpul fan, me... there are probably loads of hideous creations of theirs I've never heard of. I mean, I've nothing against Tupperware guns per se, but how is it that Heckler & Koch manage to make plastic look like it will f*ck you up, whereas that looks like it comes in a box marked "Batteries Not Included"?

yeah a lot of people said it wasn't exactly special for the price. Probably magpul just trying to make a wad of money by making a quirky gun, sticking their name on it, and charging twice the price it is worth, but IDK, could be wrong

Main thing wrong with it was the two stage trigger I believe, a lot of people disagreed with the decision of that.

I'd be scared of snapping it!

To be fair I kinda like it, but I wouldn't buy one (tbf I like p90s and AUGs as well).

• Supporters

At 300 sheets I'd be scared of beating it with a hammer and setting fire to it!

TBH, I used to like the P90 until I held it in real life, then I realised it wasn't as good as I thought. It's probably the same with the PDR; it's the futuristic look that appeals to me. Can't believe you haven't seen that gun before.

OMG! I just got a bit of sick in my mouth!!

• Supporters

Nothing wrong with it.

See, where is the "Hate It" button when we need it?

• Supporters

Meh, I quite like it. But I like P90s too.

Mind you it comes as no surprise that a man obsessed with agricultural firearms doesn't like something designed post Soviet Russia!

I used to like the idea of the PDR,and the looks did not really bother me,until I held one. Fuck me,I think I actually became the top cosplayer of the Hunchback of Notre Dame after holding one. Does not fit my lanky physique at all. I still appreciate the idea behind it though. A light little 5.56 rifle that can be used a sniper's backup. I still considered one,thinking I could bodge on a extended buttpad or something but then I saw the price and internals. Yuck.

• Supporters

Meh, I quite like it. But I like P90s too.

Mind you it comes as no surprise that a man obsessed with agricultural firearms doesn't like something designed post Soviet Russia!

True. Very true. Like the man dressed in Tupperware wants to shoot with it too :lol:

• Supporters

The trouble with the P90 is that you'd have more comfortable arms sticking your hands up your jumper out of the neck hole to hold an M93R...

It's not too bad for a modern weapon type (still prefer AKs myself), and it's certainly better looking than the P90. Apparently, some of the PDR's appearance is down to airsoft skirmishers, because Magpul switched development of the (real) PDR's layout over to its training division (which makes airsoft practice CQB weapons). Thus they made an airsoft version of the PDR so they could finalise the ergonomics of the real firearm via the practical experiences of airsoft skirmishers.

Not sure if that is putting the cart before the horse or not TBH, but it's certainly a novel approach to ergonomics and haptics :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.