G&G L85 spring woes

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

ok so for the past year off/on i have been rebuilding a 2nd hand G&G l85, and now being at the stage of almost ready to skirmish, i am have having an odd spring issue.

little history, when i bought the gun it wasnt work, this i fixed with a new trigger and a small rewire. then disliking the none original piston/spring configuration, i swapped it for a new G&G L85 piston head, new spacer and new piston (please note the spacer is used as this has an original PSG-1 style top end, but the lower has been modified to v2/3 sector gear).

now on to me being abit thick, when i finally had all this done/cleaned/ready etc , rather than use a standard spring, i fitted a psg120 spring ... and got 370fps on 0.25's :huh::huh:

so i ordered and fitted a psg100 spring ....363fps on 0.25's :blink::blink:

at this point i realized that i should have used a standard spring :rolleyes: , and i found a bag with what i believe to be a sp100 spring in it .... 368fps on 0.25's <_<<_<

other than going out and ordering another spring and trying that, anyone have any idea's on what spring i should fitt (to be below 350, on 0.2's)

normally i would say a sp100, but atm i am totally unsure :wacko:

• Supporters

I had a similar issue with my M4. If you've done a decent job of new head/cylinder/lubing etc and have a good airseal anything over an M90 will be too hot (in my experience at least).

• Supporters

I had a similar issue with my M4. If you've done a decent job of new head/cylinder/lubing etc and have a good airseal anything over an M90 will be too hot (in my experience at least).

thanks mate B)

well i have ordered a sp85 ...... whats the worst that could happen :unsure::unsure:

• Supporters

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry::angry::angry::angry:

SP85 spring arrived ... fitted ..... 222fps on 0.25's WTF!!! :blink::blink::blink:

the only think i can assume is that the spring i thought was a SP100 isnt :angry:

An M85 spring is too low for the L85, especially as it has quite a long cylinder. That will equate to about 260 on 0.2s. An M100 ought to give you around 330 on 0.2s, which is the BB weight all sites chrono on, so is what you really should be doing as well. That would then give you around the 300 FPS mark using 0.25s. An M110 would likely raise the FPA above 350 on 0.2s, so unless you play only at sites that have a higher limit I'd stick to an M100.

An M85 spring is too low for the L85, especially as it has quite a long cylinder. That will equate to about 260 on 0.2s. An M100 ought to give you around 330 on 0.2s, which is the BB weight all sites chrono on, so is what you really should be doing as well. That would then give you around the 300 FPS mark using 0.25s. An M110 would likely raise the FPA above 350 on 0.2s, so unless you play only at sites that have a higher limit I'd stick to an M100.

If you read the OP and the rest of the posts you will see why he tried an M85.

• Supporters

I'm having a similar nightmare too......

got a g/box with quick change spring - built it with a short stroke

2 teeth removed so in effect roughly looking at what many say:

aprox 15fps per tooth ya lose

or

45mm travel reduced to 39mm travel (2 x 3mm teeth) = think that is about 87% less travel

cylinder has double o ring head - piston head is also double o ring, SHS o ring sealed nozzle

(this mofo has some good seals etc...)

had nothing but nightmare after nightmare - switch/trigger problems

still AR is not working correctly but just recently got it firing of a sort

anyway had I think a 110 in there and got 330fps - sounds about right 360 down to 330 on short stroke

popped a 100 in there expecting 300-ish....

360 & 359 - WTF ????

is my original spring really a m90 or most likely that 100 SHS out of box is a friggin 120 or something

(don't think I have used/mixed up)

either that or I am bloody effecient at building boxes - nah deffo not but now I am wondering wtf is going on

thought I would do this for a laugh to confirm what to expect and if it all works out to what I have read

Eventually have a rough idea of what to expect with what springs & short stroke 2 or 3 teeth etc.....

5 mins ago it seemed to kinda work out to what I was expecting but now this m100 or m120 has got me wtf???

so now gotta look at tidying up the box/setup and then try some other springs ffs to see if that 100 is a 120

thought I would be this as a tester rig and throw something together quick - test some springs out

get some figures to work with and finally once box was running sweet use the QC box for say a DMR build

but had nothing but grief after grief after grief getting her going and now this wrong labelled spring prob too

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez - keep calm n all that

• Supporters

Well on sunday i got a lonex m100 spring, just fitted it and out of 20 shots, the lowest is 289fps <_< , average is 310-325fps :D , and i had 2 at 404fps :o:blink:

That's with zero hop dialed in, think i need to stick a couple of mags through it to bed everything in

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.