Hunger Games Fundraiser

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically, me and some friends want to raise some money for charity/brutally murder each other in the woods :P

What better way than to have a Hunger Games?

I drew up some rules for 24 tributes, and have found a great place to do it, Oxshott Woods, with the giant sandpit as the Cornucopia. Here is my first draft of rules, any improvements you can think of would be greatly appreciated. Please also suggest number of weapons to buy,we'd want swords,daggers spears and axes,plus we want them cheap as possible but usable. Unfortunately, LARP supplies are so blinking expensive they aren't viable.

---------------

Please read and familiarise yourself with these rules BEFORE the event. Nothing's worse than clumsy, stupid Tributes.

Full face protection is mandatory.

Basic Game Rules:

1.Your aim is to survive the Hunger Games. There will be 23 others trying to do the same, so only the best will win! Last one alive wins, and all money raised goes to a charity of their choice. No exceptions. Tributes are arranged into 12 Districts, and are encouraged to make alliances, you'll struggle otherwise.

2.Tributes must report back to the Cornucopia for food on each each hour, within five minutes. Faliure to do so results in elimination.

3. The Gamemaker's word is final. Any disputes that are brought to him/her about cheating shouldn't really happen, cheating is not cool, and the judgement they make will be measured and carefully thought about. Obey it and the instructions given.

Safety Rules

These are mandatory for playing.

1. Always wear the face protection. This is vital for safety, an arrow in the eye or axe in the mouth isn't going to be fun.

2. Stay hydrated. Pretty self explanatory.

3. Be sensible with combat, especially unarmed. Sword fighting is cool, beating somebody up isn't.

4. Be careful when moving about, especially when running from other tributes. Nobody wants a twisted ankle.

5. Be aware that it is public land-other people have as much right as you to be there. Don't fight around other people.

6. Stay within boundaries.

7. If in an emergency, text the Gamemaker. Don't abuse this, only use phones in an emergency.

Combat Rules

These determine how Tribute fight and kill each other.

Weapon Rules:

1. A hit constitutes a solid thrust or slash with a mêlée weapon,a strike with a thrown weapon, or a strike with an arrow.

2.A hit to the head/neck is an instant kill.

3. Any hit to the torso is certain death, unless a chestplate is being worn AND blocks it. No back protection. The wounded tribute must act out dying, but has 10 seconds to bleed out, and can try to take revenge.

4. Any hit to a limb means it cannot be used for one hour. Arms are limp, a leg hit requires limping.

5. Throwing axes,spears and knives can be thrown, but be sensible!

Unarmed Combat Rules:

1. No punching. Use an open hand to slap away arms.

2. Grappling and wrestling is allowed. Be sensible and know your limits.

3. To make a kill, a Tribute must get someone in a pretend chokehold and hold them. Do not actually strangle, they are not allowed to escape. This renders them 'unconscious'. You may kill them or take them prisoner.

4.Tying up with rope or handcuffs is ok. Don't do them up too tight.

Again, any improvements you have or any suggestions for game events,features and weapon distribution

• Supporters

Unless the site is able to be closed off then insurance could be an issue. As could getting raided by the ARU.

Also - "be sensible"? Never happens. Expect casualties.

Unless the site is able to be closed off then insurance could be an issue. As could getting raided by the ARU.

Also - "be sensible"? Never happens. Expect casualties.

It's with foam swords, and private, nothing is going to look realistic. I know all the people really well, I don't doubt that there is scope for error, but they are about the best mix of being up for it and being safe.

How would it raise money? Surely a charity skirmish would produce more.

Everyone playing would pay a fee to cover costs and a token donation, and an extra donation is encouraged, I know this bunch, they'll be happy to pay. True, a skirmish would make more, but as all these people don't airsoft, and I have no way of organizing that. This is also something we could do as a group, as we all would love to do,regardless of charity.

Or join the army and you get to actually play the hunger games with blanks within in a 10 mile area of woodlands and building's. It's to test ones survivability under extreme circumstances and how you'd encounter a threat, if you'd just blast him away or try to reason with him etc. Great fun, very intense.

Not sure if they still do this but was a blast when I joined the service.

Or join the army and you get to actually play the hunger games with blanks within in a 10 mile area of woodlands and building's. It's to test ones survivability under extreme circumstances and how you'd encounter a threat, if you'd just blast him away or try to reason with him etc. Great fun, very intense.

Sounds like good banter, somewhat unlikely in this case

:wub:

I'd really appreciate suggestions for weapon quantities and game ideas, but especially extra safety rules-they are very important

Guessing its happening in the day?

If not, make sure they know the woods very well.

Did you say this is a public woodland? I could see problems with that. Also, how much would the game cost, considering it's for charity and costs will be high as you're buying probs quite a few props. Are there airsoft guns involved?

Did you say this is a public woodland? I could see problems with that. Also, how much would the game cost, considering it's for charity and costs will be high as you're buying probs quite a few props. Are there airsoft guns involved?

No no no no no airsoft guns! Literal suicide that! The props cost wouldn't be too much at all, we'd go very cheap and limit weapons, it takes the challenge out if everyone has a weapon. A £10 base fee with 'sponsor' options (gain advantages) would make enough money.

• 5 weeks later...

EDIT TO RULES: The (in hindsight) incredibly risk prone hand to hand combat has been scrapped.Instead, a combat system involving tapping shoulders,after testing it actually gave a realistic feel and limited danger, we'll be using that. Have negotiated a bulk discount from larpinn.uk for weapons, and tweaked face protection a bit. Looking a lot safer now, we'll break even it looks! The equipment will last for future events and maximise profit for charity. Now, I would like to ask for help and ideas concerning game event ideas, such as what to do with dead players, possibly resurrection as muttations? And seeing as we now could use larp weapons, combat is going to be wayyy more fun :D

EDIT TO RULES: The (in hindsight) incredibly risk prone hand to hand combat has been scrapped.Instead, a combat system involving tapping shoulders,after testing it actually gave a realistic feel and limited danger, we'll be using that. Have negotiated a bulk discount from larpinn.uk for weapons, and tweaked face protection a bit. Looking a lot safer now, we'll break even it looks! The equipment will last for future events and maximise profit for charity. Now, I would like to ask for help and ideas concerning game event ideas, such as what to do with dead players, possibly resurrection as muttations? And seeing as we now could use larp weapons, combat is going to be wayyy more fun :D

Dead players as zombies?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.