What's the best battery?

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know nothing about battery's. What I think is that a 2600mAh will last a wee while and Li-Po is the best type to get. Is the right?

What does continuous discharge mean?

I'm looking at a 2600mAh 7.4V Li-Po battery would it be a good one to go for?

yep I have the same one, fits in the front handguard of an m4 and just fits if you know what your doing in the magpul moe handguard.

I swear it will last 12k+ shots - maybe up to 15k. I don't count but yesterday I shot IDK 4k+ bbs and the battery had gne down from 8.4 - 7.7 in terms of charging which only took 30 mins charging, and I wasn't using the highest setting. Seriously good battery. I got it off of component shop.

For continuous discharge, no idea what it means but I can use the battery no problem, and have never got below 7.5 (not sure, volts? when you plug it into the smart charger) anyway I just top it up before a skirmish, and it lasts ages, doesn't get hot and is very good

I LOVE IT!

The best battery is basically the biggest one that will fit in your battery area and that has a voltage your gearbox can take for a decent period of time. Lipo's definitely get the energy density in so you get a lot more shots for the same as a nimh. They are also easier to charge properly as well as they don't need discharge cycles, they can just be topped up. They also dump current really well for the motor, the bigger they are the better they do that.

• Supporters

I disagree that 30C is silly - a motor can draw 50+A for the few microseconds that it takes to get moving from stationary so having a battery which has excess capacity means that it will ramp up from 0V/0A to it's peak discharge rate faster than a lower C battery, which improves trigger response - I'm a big fan of Turnigy Nano Tech batteries which are 50/25C the former being the peak discharge rate and the latter the continuous discharge (full-auto fire or running a motor in an RC car for eg - continuously discharging).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.