Favourite first person shooter

JamesAirsofterAgent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If it helps, I think only 820 people played crysis2!

Best FPS I've played is unreal tournament 2004... But it's a bit dated and the learning curve is a lot steeper than most games these days.

Counter-strike is probably your best bet, it'll run on more or less anything and it's more addictive than crack.

If it helps, I think only 820 people played crysis2!

Best FPS I've played is unreal tournament 2004... But it's a bit dated and the learning curve is a lot steeper than most games these days.

Counter-strike is probably your best bet, it'll run on more or less anything and it's more addictive than crack.

shut up! loads of people played it :D tbh over 200k daily users were playing it, hoever about 10000 of those were actually any good.

Fallout 3, Fallout New vegas, Skyrim.

(yes they can be played in 3rd person but you can't hit a thing in 3rd person so the combat is better classed as an FPS)

/thread

• Supporters

I'm a casual gamer when it comes to anything but racing games and maddens so for me it's actually cod, I still think cod 4 is the best of the series though. I don't play often and so when I do I want something I can just pick up and go something that I don't find battlefield, medal of honour or most alternatives offer.

I quite enjoyed homefront though I don't think many others did :lol:

Does it have to be a shooter? My favourite first person game is Mount and Blade Warband but there's no guns involved unless you install an appropriate mod.

Funny you say that, I have been playing Mount and blade (Fire and sword) Expansion today and on that there is muskets and pistols ect.. its set in 1690 russia :)

For Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 2 was the turning point for the series- everything was downhill afterwards. I don't think there's any servers still up.

Battlefield- Bad Company 2 was and still is my favourite. Despite 2 successive BF games coming out since BC2's release, there's still a large player base.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas is one of the ultimates in tactical console-based first/3rd person shooters. Very fun albeit a little dated. Still a lot of players online.

On PC, Red Orchestra is the winner hands down for me- the original has mods for Europe '44-'45 (called Darkest Hour), North Africa '42-'45 (Mare Nostrum) and the original- Eastern Front '41-'44 (Ostfront). Darkest hour still has populated servers and update support is being revived after a few years of developer dormancy- some improvements and changes of game features and mechanics will be coming in the next few months or so.

And the best part about Red Orchestra? It's so old even my MacBook can run it quite quickly on the highest settings. It takes literally no time to load it up either.

• Supporters

Although it isn't solely an FPS, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is amazing

Fucking yes, straight up brilliant game.

For Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 2 was the turning point for the series- everything was downhill afterwards. I don't think there's any servers still up.

Battlefield- Bad Company 2 was and still is my favourite. Despite 2 successive BF games coming out since BC2's release, there's still a large player base.

Mw2 was alright I thought, but it was the start of the end because they just put too much crap in it, too many killstreaks and all that bollocks.

BC2 was good though, bit too cartoony I thought but enjoyed it all the same. Shame I bought it so late that there was hardly anyone else playing :P

Arma 3. By the far the most realistic combat simulator you can get in game format. Its obviously PC only because of all the buttons, best played with at least 20+ mods and with a minimum of 5 friends. Great place to learn tactics and one of the best FPS games ever made for those that like realish combat.

personally, black ops was one of my favourite cod games, however cod 4 etc, I never was that good at, but it was a great game. black ops was where I loved SnD. Black ops 2 was the last straw, I have a hint of nostalgia, however selling my playstation was the best thing I have done in terms of grades.

• Supporters

Nostalgia? You lot don't know you're born.

FPS games should ALWAYS be played on PC. Console versions are pish compared to the GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE (sounds of golden horns and choirs of angels in background)!

Anyone that says Modern Warfare am bestest Call of Duty has clearly never played the original. Crossing the Volga river then being given not a gun, but a clip of ammo and being expected to run towards the enemy or be shot by your own officers.....proper hardcore. The original Medal of Honor - doing the D-Day landings. Awesome moments of history captured in games in a way not seen since.

Best Rainbow Six? Raven Shield. By a country mile.

Payday 2 is awesome; Robbing banks n' shit, although half the playerbase are twats.

Battlefield is good, if you want 64 player servers filled with noobs spraying for shit.

Insurgency is a great tactical, hardcore shooter.

Another game i play is contract wars which is a web based game that runs on unity 3d engine, and i have to say, the graphics and gameplay are absolutely outstanding for a browser game. It is currently the best browser game anyway. I have 600 hours on it (not including standby time, it's pure gameplay time).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.