Best tactical vest?

DjH4yZ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Newbie here, I've recently bought a tactical vest but it isn't right for me so iv'e been browsing online and i really like the Mayflower APC (which i can only find in america) lol, the way it velcros together without clips needed etc, but i cant find anywhere that sells it. I was wondering if there is a good alternative and if it's available for purchase here in the UK? Also any good mag pouches that don't have lids on? i find the lids annoying and they get in the way when trying to fast reload.

Theres plenty of options. Whats your budget? the only way you will get a Mayflower APC in the UK is second hand on forums or ebay. AFAIK no UK suppliers stock it.

edit: Here you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MAYFLOWER-APC-PLATE-CARRIER-IN-MULTICAM-WITH-KYDEX-AND-PIG-SHOULDER-PADS-/121459572537?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c478dff39

When you say tactical vest, I'm assuming you mean it's something like this?

tacvest.jpg

The Mayflower APC on the other hand is a plate carrier.

As far as I know they're one of the best brands for real steel / mil-spec kit but the quality is certainly reflected in the price. I haven't seen anything Mayflower sold in the UK before. If you wanted to import one it would cost a lot in tax and import duty etc.

If you're looking for good quality gear like the Mayflower that is made by those kind of companies (i.e. not replica airsoft stuff) Tactical Kit is my favourite site to look for it.

UK Tactical is also very good but doesn't have as much of a selection (as in there are less different companies rather than the number of products)

However, UK Tactical do exclusively stock Warrior Assault Systems gear (they have sales on all the time as well)

http://uktactical.com/c-54-warrior-assault-systems.aspx

It's a UK company with the stuff made in Vietnam IIRC.

Their DCS plate carrier is brilliant and everyone says how good they are. Similar to how everyone recommends the G&G Combat Machine when someone's looking for their first AEG.

Warrior pouches are really good quality too, as you'd expect. Of course, there are loads of other options for pouches as well though.

They have bungee / paracord retention with pull tabs rather than velcro flaps so they're faster, quieter and easier to use :)

http://uktactical.com/c-328-elite-ops-mag-pouches.aspx

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum by the way.

Wow this has really helped thanks alot :) i dont mine if it has armour protection like mentioned above. Just easy on and off suits me well and room to fit some fast change mag pouches. Any good links for these by the way? My budget is around £100 for both vest and pouches, will stretch further if its perfect.

I bought a viper plate carrier from my local site for £50, to be honest dont spend £100 on a vest if youve never played before. you dont even need one its really just to look cool, a lot of airsofting really is just about looking cool. you can get a good platecarrier/rig for £50

Of course having your spare mags on your chest is usefull, to be honest the main reason I bought one is because getting shot in the nipples is hell.

• Supporters

the main reason I bought one is because getting shot in the nipples is hell.

Try getting double tapped in the bum hole :lol:

OP have a look on flecktarn.co.uk for some gear which is what you might call "semi pro" - ie well hard enough for airsoft and not quite so expensive as WAS etc.

• 2 years later...

UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest is one of the best tactical vest on the market . This tactical vest weighs 4.5 pounds and it really is a law enforcement standard vest in terms of its use. It’s durable and adjustable, but the way in which the pouches are designed and positioned makes it easy for trained officials to switch up their shells and magazines very quickly. The material made to construct the mesh is thick and sturdy, forming part of an overall tough, heavy-duty tactical vest
The left side of the collarbone region features a pocket which can house a walkie-talkie
Nice variation in what you can fit – either a P2220 (or M1911/Glock 17) or a couple of extra mags if you rather want to house six rifle mags . Lots of space in a total of seven pockets which can effectively be reconfigured to store a range of items

• 3 years later...
On 24/05/2017 at 01:32, Talisca Adrian said:

UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest is one of the best tactical vest on the market . This tactical vest weighs 4.5 pounds and it really is a law enforcement standard vest in terms of its use. It’s durable and adjustable, but the way in which the pouches are designed and positioned makes it easy for trained officials to switch up their shells and magazines very quickly. The material made to construct the mesh is thick and sturdy, forming part of an overall tough, heavy-duty tactical vest
The left side of the collarbone region features a pocket which can house a walkie-talkie
Nice variation in what you can fit – either a P2220 (or M1911/Glock 17) or a couple of extra mags if you rather want to house six rifle mags . Lots of space in a total of seven pockets which can effectively be reconfigured to store a range of items

Indeed its the best available!!!!!!!!

• Supporters
On 24/05/2017 at 00:42, Lozart said:

Wow! Necro-tastic!

23 hours ago, MiK said:

WOW!! That’s some thread resurrection 👻

• Supporters

Anybody used one of these surplus lightweight belt kits ? Looks like you’ve got a pair of ammo pouches , a utility pouch and a dump pouch .
lookslike you can get a tac helmet to go with it as well .

Just wondering if it’s scurmishable ? 

18D4329A-2B17-470A-B919-A4E78087DEBC.jpeg

On 21/05/2021 at 19:38, Druid799 said:

Anybody used one of these surplus lightweight belt kits ? Looks like you’ve got a pair of ammo pouches , a utility pouch and a dump pouch .

That's awesome! I recently got an M-LOK Musket with foregrip, and a Blunderbuss with a PEQ laser on it, gonna be sick with this chest rig.

Love that camo too, the green bits on the sleeves will help in a woodland environment.

610336828_SmartSelect_20210522-231208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4bfbf53f0f22a06ce60ac73e819c91db.jpg

Personally I'm a big fan of this genuine Navy Seal plate carrier, in maritime red (Because Navy) and comes with foam inserts and buckle.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Dacks_18 said:

I recently got an M-LOK Musket with foregrip .

Did you get the VFC copy of this one , I hear it’s amazing ! 

07DAE0A9-B1E9-430F-90A7-B3670E0380AB.jpeg

• Supporters
On 21/05/2021 at 19:38, Druid799 said:

Rumour has it that this is actually your old combats, & that you last wore them at Rorkes Drift, while singing "men of harlech" with the rest of the Boyo's ?😜

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Rumour has it that this is actually your old combats, & that you last wore them at Rorkes Drift, while singing "men of harlech" with the rest of the Boyo's ?😜

I may be an old barstuard but I’m NOT that much of an old barstuard ! 🤬
even though I do feel it at times ! 🤦‍♂️

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.