TMC Cordura Lower Face Mask (Opinions?)

Airsoft_Mr B

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I'd like to know your thoughts on these: http://www.ebairsoft.com/cordura-half-face-mask-multicam-p-4159.html

Basically has anybody used one, are they any good and so on. One concern is that airflow might not be good, since there isn't any ventilation.

Looking for something that would preferably work well with a lot of different goggles / glasses because I don't like the uncomfortable mesh face pro which doesn't work with my eye pro.

• Supporters

You'll probably have to put holes in it to make breathing through it easier and even so it will get damp with condensation and slobber inside. On the plus side it will probably look pretty good and, as you say, because it will be bendy, it may well work more easily with eyepro.

To make my mesh masks work with eyepro and be more comfortable I have added pads that make them sit off my cheekbones:

IMAG0824.jpg

The pads in these ones are attached by velcro so I can take them off to clean, whereas the first ones I did need to be washed as they are. I also added a patch of velcro fuzz which i intended to come between the tip of my nose and the mesh, but as you can see i miscalculated its position (and still haven't sorted it out, so it's a bit Hitler-esque to wear :lol: )

look_left_crop.jpg

• Supporters

Here you go, i've taken a new pic to show the better job better:

IMAG0336.jpg

...i used a couple of bits of sleeping mat wrapped in curtain lining cloth.

I didn't have or have access to a sewing machine when i did the first one, with foam just stuck in with double sided tape, and i just couldn't be arsed to sew something by hand. I would recommend this sewn solution though. At some point i'll redo the woodland coloured mask like this too - the close weave cloth is more comfortable than foam against the skin.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.