LiPo charging help

Frosty0769

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm charging my LiPo for the first time. I've attached it to the charger and the charger is showing that one cell is charged and cell 2&3 are not. Annoyingly there were no instructions in the box and the WE website is down.

The charger is the WE L3 compact LiPo charger.

Any help would be great I font fancy burning the house down tonight.

• Supporters

I'm not familiar with the charger, but assuming it is a balancing charger (it has a socket for that extra little white plug with the 4 wires), which it should be to charge LiPo's, it should balance them automatically.

Note: I edited your title to comply with our 'what it says on the tin' policy.

so is this charger a smart charger? Basically you will want to plug the balancer in. I'm not 100 percent sure however if you overcharge cell 1 then it will be very bad I believe. This is why the balancer gets plugged in to balance it. That might only be for nunchucks though, don't quote me on it

There is the mini Tanya cone to for the RIF. Which obviously does not fit. I have then plugged in the other white connector into the charger. I have put this in the three pin female socket as this is a three pin male pin clip.

The charger is warm and the batteries are cold.

• Supporters

It is a balancer charger. It only connects with the balance (little white) connector. Each cell is charged separately. Keep it on until all three leds are green. If there is a probem with a cell, then the corresponding led blinks red. This charger operates on a bit low current level meaning it is slow. It charges a battery in quite a few hours.

If the battery has never been balanced, it is very well possible that the cells are on a different level, and one of them is above the "charged" voltage (4.2V if I remember correctly). If you had a multimeter you could measure each cell's voltage to check it.

Not got a multimeter. Will put it on again in the morning. It's had about 2 1/2 hours tonight will give it another couple if hours in the morning before I set off to play.

• Supporters

Samurai is right, that is a B3 with another badge - it will balance all the cells automatically eventually.

I put it on again this morning as soon as my son woke me up with the thought that I had two hours before I leaver so should be ok. Left it for half an hour and had two lights. Then not 5 mins later it went three lights.

Thanks all for your help on this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.