HK45 Retention Holster

Esoterick

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As much as I love my HK45 it seems one of the worst guns to find a holster for. Done a bit of reading and they will fit in H&K P30 holsters apparently.

Ideally I'm after a retention holster which is left handed(I'm sorry) that I can use with a MOLLE mount.

As far as I can tell the best option is a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Holster, as the only UK supplier i've found any Left handed P30 holsters from is Midway UK.

Can anyone recommend any alternatives, or confirm if this sounds good?

I'm open to not using a retention holster if there's something decent available, I've only used cheap fabric holsters before and whilst they hold my gun fine they are annoying to reholster into.

• Supporters

In the meantime, to get round the reholstering into fabric holster fiddle, you could use a lanyard. That's why I use one anyway: so that I know i'm not going to lose the pistol if i don't have time to piss about getting the retention strap done up again.

Something i have experienced since using the lanyard... looking all special forces when you draw seems to intimidate some players: i've literally had people give up and come out from good cover in bushes, when i couldn't even see them, just because i whipped my USP out and put a few shots into a couple of random places which looked like likely places to hide.

• Supporters

Have you looked at ukmcpro's website? They have a large range of serpas and otherr holsters, if not try tactical kit UK (assuming you haven't already)

There is a fobus left handed on tactical kit, it comes with a paddle which I assume is an interchangeable attachment like with the IMI holsters?

In the meantime, to get round the reholstering into fabric holster fiddle, you could use a lanyard. That's why I use one anyway: so that I know i'm not going to lose the pistol if i don't have time to piss about getting the retention strap done up again.

Something i have experienced since using the lanyard... looking all special forces when you draw seems to intimidate some players: i've literally had people give up and come out from good cover in bushes, when i couldn't even see them, just because i whipped my USP out and put a few shots into a couple of random places which looked like likely places to hide.

The problem is the holster I've been using up until now is a spare one a friend lends me. However since getting a MOLLE belt it unclips the duty belt I used to loop the borrowed drop leg through. Decided I need to stop being stingy and purchase a good solution rather than spending the bare minimum and ending up with a solution I end up being dissatisfied with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.