M4 P-Mags WE

BBrotherwood

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at getting some P-Mags for the L85 to help with the winter weather and cut down on some weight, plus I need some more mags anyway.

I've seen them on Mil-Specs http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/magazines/gas-blowback-rifle-and-smg-magazines/we-rifle-and-smg-magazines/we-msk-p-magazine-black.html

My main question is does anyone do a conversion to change the outer casing on the standard metal M4 mags as I already have 4? The only ones I've seen were the Tango Down ones by Angry Guns which look a bit naff. If it comes to it I would get them but I would prefer something closer to the P Magazine Mil specs have.

Pmags won't work in the L85. You have to shave a bit of plastic off the magazine.

I did not realise that. I'm guessing there are no E-Mag shells available either.

What's the best way of keeping the Rifle working ok in winter? I live in Kent so it does not tend to get that cold till it snows. Using Propane as well atm.

that one states that it fits the L85, and just by eye the top half looks more E-Maggy than P-Maggy, I'd recommend giving them a call just to confirm (and so that if they turn out not to fit you have some defence).

milspec does state that it doesn't fit the "HK416 (888)" but the WE 888 is the AEG version, so it could or might not, I would give them an email just to confirm.

I found that my L85 did seem to work pretty well in the dead of night (0oC) as long as I kept it to about one mag load per gas charge, about halfway through the 2nd load of BB's (1st gas charge) she started to die.

This was all on a bog standard L85, using normal WE mags, give airsoft-ed a PM though.

milspec does state that it doesn't fit the "HK416 (888)" but the WE 888 is the AEG version, so it could or might not, I would give them an email just to confirm.

I found that my L85 did seem to work pretty well in the dead of night (0oC) as long as I kept it to about one mag load per gas charge, about halfway through the 2nd load of BB's (1st gas charge) she started to die.

This was all on a bog standard L85, using normal WE mags, give airsoft-ed a PM though.

Thats good to know, I tend to top up everytime I reload the mag anyway so its not an issue there, Ill stick with normal mags then. I need to PM ed and see if he fancies fixing one of my mags anyway :).

I agree that the look wouldn't be entirely right on an L85, but would look pretty cool on a 416, does anyone know if the mags can be "trimmed" to fit a 416?

I haven't been able to find and gas Emags that would fit either the WE L85 or 416, does anyone know if they exist?

I saw a guy on YouTube making GBB Pmags using outer shells of real Pmags and GBB inners, is it possible to do the same with Emags?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.