Just Got A Glock and I'm a touch confused.

NiallAckroyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I just got a gas blowback glock 17, and I'm a little confused on how I lubricate it. Can anyone help?

I can help a bit, went Patrol Base about an hour ago and they showed us.

You'll want a bottle of silicone oil like this: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/abbey-silicone-gun-oil-35.htm#.VEAQmvldXWg

Also bought some of this, use after the skirmish day but it says on the website after every ten magazines: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/abbey-predator-maintenance-gas-144a-20ml.htm#.VEAQ2_ldXWg

Couple drops on the gas router and valve of the mag before shooting.

Also some oil on the slide and firing mechanism.

Finally, always leave a bit of gas inside, otherwise the seals will dry out.

Thanks for the help, i got them exact products from patrol base too. So its just a couple of drops of the silicone oil in the small rectangle shape in the slide and the same thing on the top of the mag? He showed be too, but to be honest, I cant really remember.

Yeah I think so, that sounds right. I've put two drops in the rectangle thing on my mag and one on the valve at the back of the mag. I think I remember he pulled back the rectangle gas router thingy (the one in the slide) and then put a drop sort of behind it (towards the back of the gun) not sure if this was right though. In the manual for the P226 it shows putting one in the gas router on the mag.

The important thing is not to flood any part in silicon oil, in particular try and avoid getting any in the hop rubber as it will affect the hop effect and thus range (although a little will inevitably get sprayed through the whole gun during the firing cycle which can't really be avoided). Literally a drop in the gas inlet and outlet valves after use is usually sufficient. A very small amount of silicon grease smeared on with a finger works better than oil on the rubber gas router, as the oil will get blown out more quickly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.