What is the best gun for around 300 EUR?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i just bought E&L 104 PCM A AEG and basicaly got a lemon. Good gun with flaws so the seller will give me a refund. I really like AK look so i'm on the market again to buy another AEG. Another E&L maybe but i'm afraid it's going to have errors too. LCT looks like a logical next choice but people say it has bad internals.

So what to buy? What is the best full metal gun on the market for around 300 eur price tag? I want to use it for skirmishes also and don't want to get something that needs upgrades soon. If it is AK type GREAT, if not, i'll survive.

Or you can give me 2 choices: best AK type gun for around 300 eur or less and best overall for the same price tag?

You do not need full metal.

For aks, CYMA is good. AK47, AK74, AK105, 104, etc, etc. use the rest of the money for gearbox upgrades, tightbore barrel and a collimator. Spare mags as well.

TBH why buy a shit gun and blow the money on upgrades when you can buy a solid gun that with some tuning can be on par with an upgraded cheap gun costing way more. That said,I've personally had a sour experience with CYMA so I might be biased. Overall I seem to have fallen out with replacing bits on guns and prefer to tune them to work well instead. 70% of stock gun internals are perfectly serviceable. Only things I really replace are motors and hop ups.

For OP,I'm not going off on a big reccomending spree since I've seen the E&L option has been sour,which is a shame.I actually recently got to use an E&L AKM and was thoroughly impressed,Performed nearly as well as my Mate's tuned LCT AKM- It felt a little more solid actually,the cast parts feel stronger and the charging handle is much better to use and being one piece is stronger. LCT has a nicer finish though

OP,I'd consider LCT as an option- Yes,their internals are not as good as E&L,but their QC sure is. Their newer gearboxes aren't half bad to be honest,only flaring flaw I can find is poor AOE on the piston and the motors still being meh,not sure on their newer hop up units.

RealSword do not make Russian AKs sadly,but they do make a Type 56 line that's made out of demilled Norinco rifles. Often agreed to be some of the toughest gats about,both internally and externally.

VFC make very nice Russian AKs,however they are getting rather rare and out of budget. Externals are top tier but internal lack in some aspects,VFC pistons are notoriously shit and the rest is a solid 'meh'

So it's still E&L or LCT for AK as i can see? WHat about other guns? G&G, A&K? I can see many G&G M4 type guns in that price range? Any good?

Well, if you wanna pay less than 300 Euros, which is about 240 quid, then there are loads of really good rifles in the 150 to 200 quid price range. As others have noted, CYMA guns are pretty good, AKs and M16 types, although CYMA AKs tend to be better than their M16 variants. G&G's various Colt Armalite-based weapons such as the numerous M16 and M4 variants they make are very good, and well worth a look. In spite of not being metal, they look very realistic indeed, and frankly, whilst a metal airsoft rifle is nice, the polymer and plastic ones are better than you might imagine and look realistic enough, after all, when you hold a real M4, your hands are generally only touching polymer bits anyway, since the grips are invariably made from that rather than metal. Upper end metal versions of D-Boys M4s are pretty good too, although D-Boys weapons are not as popular in the UK as they are in the US.

Alternatively, if you fancy something a little bit different, you might take a look at something like the Jing Gong (JG) Heckler and Koch G36, or their SIG 552. JG's G36 is very popular with airsoft sites, where you will find many places buying them in bulk to use as hire guns, because they are robust and simple to use. One of the advantages of an airsoft G36, is that the real thing's body is made from polymer rather than metal, so polymer/plastic ones look and feel realistic. The G36 also has a folding stock, which means you can fold that up and use it for Close Quarter Battles without having to wield a big long weapon. The real G36 cannot actually do that, as firing the real thing with the stock folded for prolonged periods damages it, so it's meant more for storage and making it easy to carry in and out of armoured personnel carriers, but that's not the case with airsoft ones, which you can cheerfully fire all day long with the stock folded! Also worth noting, is that the G36 has loads of accessory rails all over it, so it is very easy to mount things such as lasers, sights, tactical lights etc, etc to it without paying for a bunch of add on parts. It also has a nice magazine system, with built in lugs on the side of the magazines, enabling you to clip several magazines together 'jungle style' to make reloading much quicker. The SIG 552 rifle has a similar magazine clip system too, enabling you to clip multiple mags together, and JG make one of those as well, which is also very good and like their G36, is only about 160 quid.

I have a G36 as my spare which I take to skirmishes in case my D-Boys M4 has a problem (not that it ever has thus far).

If you spend less by going for one of these options, that will leave you some cash with which to get other stuff, such as face protection, gloves, a webbing belt, some boots, a sight or a tactical light, or even a back up weapon such as a pistol and a holster to put the thing in. You don't need to spend 300 Euros to get a decent rifle capable of serving you well at skirmishes. I see loads of people using CMYAs and G&Gs week in week out with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you.

I wish to buy from the site were i bought E&L. They will give me a refund but i want to stay loyal and i'll buy from them again. That means, i can't buy just any brand. It must be one of those, that this site has in stock. They have a lot of E&L, LCT, G&G, Couple Dboys and JG, now they got a huge load of Specna arms too. I don't know much about Specna, but guns are in 200 eur price range and look good.

I would really like an accurate and reliable gun but also a "real feel" weapon. That is the main reason i went for full metal E&L AK in the first place. But now i really want a gun from a manufacturer with 0,1% of lemons or less if you know what i mean.

Do they have an actual shop where you can go and test them before buying? If so then you could look for an E&L AK again, have their technician strip it down and check it functions correctly with you present and then if there are any problems the tech will probably be able to fix it/grab a new gun. You'd get flexibility and you wouldn't have to commit money before finding out the gun you paid for was a lemon.

Oh,I completely forgot about G&G's new AKs

LCT bodied so expect excellently finished and strong externals.

G&G's gearboxes I honestly prefer to LCT. All around solid parts,nothing in particular really fails. G&G's hop up units are very nice too. Not only that but they're built really well,mate of mine on skype showed me the guts and I was impressed. AOE was so-so as per usual with stock guns,but greasing was excellent,had a very nice lithium grease and shimming was nearly spot on,one shim removed from the bevel made it near perfect. Motor is rather serviceable. Note this is the non-blowback version which is a bit cheaper than the blowback.

I can't find much about G&G AKs. They are built from steel and zink alloy parts, E&L and LCT have more steel. I can't say much about internals and differences.

Quality control is probably LCT first, then G&G and E&L as last.

Right now i have narrowed my choices between E&L, Lct and G&G as manufacturers. Still can't decide between Ak or M4 type gun. I want tactical look, no wood.

• Supporters

CYMA may be cheaper than LCT or E&L but they shoot better out of the box and, depending on which model you get, their externals can be good also. Looking at gunfire.pl the first one that really jumped out to me to suit your needs is the CM.048A which does, as Chock said, then leave you enough for things like eye protection, boots, good battery & spare*, smart battery charger**, face protection, spare mags, something to carry them in, alcohol swabs to use with the cleaning rod to clean the barrel, vertical foregrip, rifle sling, side mount for sight & sight or AK sight with side mount, BB's, etc.

*The battery which comes with it is pretty shit and should only be kept as a 2nd spare because you can easily run it down to flat in 40 minutes of skirmishing. Get 2 good 1600mAh stick batteries.

**You can use the charger which comes with it so long as you use our app to calculate how long to charge your battery for and set an alarm to remind you, or use an electrical plug with a timer built in. A smart charger automatically detects when the battery is fully charged and switches to trickle current and can be had for less than €12.

• Supporters

The only part of that CYMA model you may be disappointed with is the mag. The pistol grip is good solid polymer as is the RIS handguards and the stock (although there is a fair bit of space inside those stocks so they sound hollow when you knock them - but if you wrap the battery in a layer of that thin white foam used for packing stuff to post, you can jam the battery into the centre of it and muffle the hollow sound). The steel is great - it's alkali blacked just like many real steel guns.

Oops: I dunno about the other gun you mentioned, so i can't give an opinion.

Are all Cyma's the same quality wise, or i should stick with nonwood AKs to get the best from them?

I already have stick battery, smart charger and a sling. Even extra LCT low cap mag.

Any insight on G&G guns or specialy on my GC16 mod0 model?

• Supporters

No, they're not all the same. The pistol grips of some of them feel a bit cheap, but not the ergonomic one, and the zamak alloy bodied ones don't look as good as the steel when they get weathered. The plastic bodied ones look fine, but you need to limit the amount of times you disassemble them for whatever reason because the holes which some of the screws go into get ruined. The wood is personal taste - the actual quality of it is good, but the colour isn't to everyone's taste (not mine for eg - i refinished my CM.048 furniture).

G&G combat machine AK's are pretty good and the their M4's have a good reputation too, but i don't know the GC16 mod0.

If anyone knows G&G guns and maybe even GC16 mod0 model, please tell me how good they are. I don't want standard M4 configuration and this GC16 is a litle bit different. As for AK style, i really like very tactical look.

Does anyone knows Amoeba airsoft company maybe? Their Amoeba rifle looks really good.

so the amoeba is made by ares. I believe they do a UK version - 260 fps or something, however I thought their US version was like 400 fps - don't quote me though

Ares do very nice externals and sh*tty internals, however there isn't much on the amoeba as far as I believe, it could be good. I remember rock climbey dave doing research on them, maybe send him a PM.

No idea about the perfomence but I have always liked the G&G rk103 evo, looks quite tacticool in my opinion. G&G guns have a good reputation and mine seems to keep going, I have put quite a lot through it and have never re shimmed, touch wood still runs nicely.

It looks like the GC16 has knock off magpul front handguard and stock, but I believe I saw one yesterday at a skirmish, and it seemed to do well. Quite a good price for a metal gun, however it will be like a combat machine inside, which is no bad thing, still very good quality. I have never used one however, again don't quote me on this.

at the end of the day it is your choice, go with what suits you. Also check out G&P if you are looking for a metal m4 :)

Amoeba that i was checking is made by Amoeba airsoft. At least that is what the seller is saying.

G&G has blowback system in some guns, that is interesting for me. It is just hard to deside. I'm willing to pay more money for all steel E&L or Lct Ak if that will give me better gun overall, but like i said, i already bought E&L and got a lemon so now i'm not so sure about spending more money for something that maybe isn't that much better.

So Cyma Aks or G&G Aks + M4 variants look pretty good now.

As much as i read around about Aks the general peoples opinion is Real sword or VFC if you can buy them. Since i can't the next in line is LCT, then Cyma, specialy because of price/performance ratio and only then is G&G. I don't get no love for G&G AKs? Price is in the same range as LCT so i would expect the same quality.

well I'm sure UTJ or ian said something about them using LCT bodies, and they are meant to have good quality internals and externals. could you provide a link to this amoeba? cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.