Feeding problem echo 1 AR57

Karljohnmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do guys.

I've recently got a echo 1 AR57,

a Marmite gun I know lol.

It has a feeding problem with the one mag I have for it.

Its a high cap p90 mag

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make it fit/feed better?

I have no idea the make on the mag :/

I'll get a photo up later on today :)

Aye that's what I'm afraid off.
More money to spend.

is the hop unit proprietary to just that gun then? Fed from above I presume? Or is it switchable to allow M4 mags to be used too?

But yeah P90 hi caps don't have the best reputation unfortunately. If its new it might just need filling and emptying a few times to bed the mechanism in. Assuming the gun fires fine when bb's do feed, you could check the feed tube that locates into the magazine does fit correctly and sufficient that when you insert the mag it operates the catch to allow bbs to flow into the hop unit, ie if the mag moves a bit is it closing the catch and preventing feeding?

Suspect your best bet though would be to try a mid cap, or possibly a Marui hi cap, and see if that sorts it?

is the hop unit proprietary to just that gun then? Fed from above I presume? Or is it switchable to allow M4 mags to be used too?

But yeah P90 hi caps don't have the best reputation unfortunately. If its new it might just need filling and emptying a few times to bed the mechanism in. Assuming the gun fires fine when bb's do feed, you could check the feed tube that locates into the magazine does fit correctly and sufficient that when you insert the mag it operates the catch to allow bbs to flow into the hop unit, ie if the mag moves a bit is it closing the catch and preventing feeding?

Suspect your best bet though would be to try a mid cap, or possibly a Marui hi cap, and see if that sorts it?

it only feeds from top. you can put a m4 mag in, though technically that's where the shells would eject, though it would be an interesting design if it could feed both. :)

It seems to feed of for every 3 shots out of 4. you have to make sure the mag is in, not just slammed home as it where.

I have now learned that p90 high caps arnt good.

Looks like I'm going to have to get some mid caps. Not a bad thing, just don't have the money right now.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.