good CQB sights

hunterzero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys im new here. im used to airsoft before the need to be registered. i stopped because i had accident at work. compound fracture my ankle and had to wear a illzarov frame for just over a year. the bones healed, but im left with arthritis, meaning there is no flex in my ankle making running, crouching down and even walking fast impossible.

but i still wanted to shoot, i got bad into my old hobby of rabbit hunting, im still a airsoft guy at heart, but i emailed my old club to see if i could go back explaining what i wrote above and never got a reply, i guess they dont want to cater for partly disabled people.

anyway guys, i have a question, i want to stick a red dot or holographic sight on my scope i use for hunting, it will be used for closer shots - 15-20 yards. its a 12ft/lb air rifle.

so any advice on CQB sights mountable on a scope. i been out the air soft game to long, and new stuff is out so any advice welcome.

also... any club in westmidlands area that will have me, remembering i cannot run. i can walk but slow, mostly i would camp.

Consider ww2 airsoft? Walking with a limp would look good with a German uniform :D

Seriously though, ww2 airsoft is more teamwork than running and gunning and the German side is always playing a more defensive game by the very nature of the scenarios, so they have less running around to do.

Check out ww2airsoft.org.uk

I don't really know if any of the airsoft sights are suitable for use on an air rifle. They kind of rubbish with regards to genuine recoil. The term you are probably looking for is DR sights, they are the ones with either both a CQB and telescopic part like the elcan or they are small red dots that can be attached to another scope. Can't say I have ever tried any of them but if you look around for those it should be bring up some options.

yeah there are plenty of players with mobility issues who still turn up to play, one guy where I play (North East Wales) has a fused spine so can't turn his head or move too quickly, but he's upped his game, invested in a Systema and is a force to be reckoned with. Disability need not stop anyone playing if they want to.

• Supporters

I don't know if airsoft red dot sights would offer the precision required for a clean kill at anything beyond about 10m, especially if your target is something as small as a rabbit.

It's hard to really say how much precision they offer because I've only ever used them on airsoft guns, which are obviously significantly less accurate than air rifles. They will hold their zero fine on an air rifle though, gas blowback airsoft guns have far more recoil than any UK legal air rifle. More than 22LR rifles in a lot of cases.

The variable zoom DR sights mentioned above would be a bad idea based on what I've heard though, they're pretty crap at holding their zero between 4 and 1x mag. The zero points might even be different entirely, not sure.

I'm assuming you've got a scope mounted already, since you say you want a red dot for closer targets? Have you looked into Docter or RMR micro red dots? They're often mounted on top of scopes, or canted off the barrel at a 45° angle, you could have your rifle scope and red dot mounted simultaneously.

Edit:
Just realised you actually said you wanted to mount it on a scope haha, fail. Micro red dots ought to suit you down to the ground in that case. Search for RMR or Docter sights, Patrol Base had a small selection last time I was in there, their website might be a good starting point.

First and foremost, you don't need to be registered to play airsoft, you may need to be UKARA registered if you wish to purchase an all black gun, there is no restriction on purchasing a two tone or using hire guns / borrowing one, and there are no restrictions on playing.

If its for an air rifle, you may be better asking on an air rifle forum, airsoft sights are generally pretty poor design and construction, they are also mostly 20mm weaver rails where as most air rifles when I had them were 11mm Dovetail rails.

You could consider angled iron sights like this: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/replica-angled-iron-sights.htm#.VD-YA_nF98E

• Supporters

I agree with Ed re: a mini/micro red dot being the way forward - they are often also listed as MRDS.

Re: disabled play - I have mobility issues due to peripheral neuropathy causing constant pain in my extremities - that also has led to me becoming very unfit. In fact I've been conspicuous by my absence in the field for most of this year, but I'm making a comeback this Sunday @Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield - I can testify (can I get a witness?) to how felexible they are to players' needs. Not as near to you as some of course, but a great site if you have a car, because getting there by public transport on a Sunday is impossible. They do alternate game days though, so it's Saturday one week, Sunday the next - the 3rd Sunday of the month is the day not to miss though - Big Sunday where games range across large chunks of the site at the same time, as opposed to being confined to zones while scum paintballers also use other zones. You could always have a look on the airbana map for somewhere closer to you...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.