Kwa glock 19 on propane?

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have just got a kwa glock 19 with full trades( must be a pre glock getting arsey example!) and I would like to run it on propane if I possible.

However I'm having difficulty finding the right adaptor for the Coleman but I can get propane from work so I would need a refillable bottle, any suggestions?

Lastly how many if you guys use lasers on your pistols?

Atb

Andy

Isn't it illegal to refill propane or something? Coleman should work fine, I see people at Halo Mill use it a lot and it's probably with one of these adapters.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/airosft-innovations-propane-adaptor-kit.htm#.VD8DW_ldXWg

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/madbull-propane-adapter.htm#.VD8DXfldXWg

Propane is just green gas without lubricant, so it will be fine to run it on propane, but you will need to remember to add silicone regularly.

I think it's two / three drops for every two or three mags, but I'm not sure on that.

Lastly I think flashlights would be more useful on a pistol. I've never seen anybody run a laser on a sidearm but plenty with a torch. Blinding your enemy up close is very useful.

illegal to refill propane, wut?

the coleman bottles says not to refill them thou - but many aegs also says not to aim it at any living targets^^

be careful and know what you do when refilling thou, personally I've never found a place near me that does refills.

oh and a little note on KWA. althou atleast the ns2 is well known to work well with propane, KWA says not to do so and that it breaks the warranty.

Got the Airsoft Innovations adapter as per Monty's link above, works fine with the Coleman propane and comes with a small bottle of silicon oil. Well worth the investment for metal slide gbb's in particular.

I second this, used mine for a long time :)

they are apparently more robust than the madbull metal ones, not sure about the science behind it.. plus you get and extra tip.

Its illegal in 'Murica and I believe in parts of europe too, I cant seem to find anything pointing to it being illegal in the UK, although it is a bit dangerous, the bottle should only be filled to 80% and should be completely empty, neither of which you can do in a shed. Most people freeze the bottle for a few hours first. Propane expands in air to 240 times its liquid volume, and is relatively volatile, so its a pretty hazardous gas to be messing with.

I have been using a madbull adapter for a few months now with no issues or leaks, I just wish it came with a cap like the AI one does.

It flipping stinks though!

Well I bought a propane adapter and 2 canisters of Coleman propane gas and I must say I am impressed with my kwa glock 19.

This gun has changed my opinions on GBB pistols to the point where I may sell my Cyma glock 18c aep for another GBB pistol!

Many thanks guys for your invaluable assistance!

Atb

Andy

Well I bought a propane adapter and 2 canisters of Coleman propane gas and I must say I am impressed with my kwa glock 19.

This gun has changed my opinions on GBB pistols to the point where I may sell my Cyma glock 18c aep for another GBB pistol!

Many thanks guys for your invaluable assistance!

Atb

Andy

Did it improve the performance by that much compared to green gas? I've got the same pistol (KSC G19) so wondering if it's worth having a go with propane as I've not been very impressed with mine so far.

I have to be honest on this..... I had a kjw 1911 and the gun was nice but the mag leaked and it really put me off GBB pistols till I took a plunge and got this kwa.

So I can't comment on the benefits as I'm really a novice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.