ICS L85 Carbine Daniel Defence Rail

TheGrover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys,

I suspect that Ed may know the answer, but Ill put it out in the public realm anyway.

Does anybody know if the Madbull Daniel Defence rail can fit to the carbine version of the ICS L85 just as the standard L85? I have seen images of an ICS with the DD rail that seem to have a carbine barrel length, but I want to make sure.

Many Thanks

i think this here is an ICS L85 carbine (note that the flash hider starts only just in front of the rail system), just wanted to make sure though

0008214_madbull-dd-l85-sa80-rail-adapter

ps. sorry for posting an SA80 with an EOTech, Ed :(

That looks like an L85 with a slightly modded barrel. The L22 carbine's barrel is only 318mm long, compared to 518mm of the L85 and similar weapons (L98).

It has a small rail underneath to attach a fore grip with side rails for a LLM, it does not take the DD RIS system.

There a really good Ross Kemp vid on you-tube of the Royal Marines Fleet Protection Group using them to conduct boarding drills on Anti-Piracy operations, I guess they're good in small confined spaces?

Does anyone know if there's a GBB L22?

1280px-Brits_soldiers_in_Basra_03.jpgsa80-l22a2.jpg

hfc_l85_carbine.jpg

The only one ever adopted by the British Army is the L22 or "AFV" version as you call it, in 1989 and 1994 attempts were made to produce a carbine with a shorter (412mm) barrel and an LSW hand guard. Only used in trials, never saw service.

Or there's this? http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-ICS-L87-C.htm

ER-ICS-L87-C-TMB.jpg

Looks like the 1989/1994 trial carbine

Sorry bud, not a clue on AEGs, I guess it should, but it may need some modding? I'm sure Ed knows!

• Supporters

The only one ever adopted by the British Army is the L22 or "AFV" version as you call it, in 1989 and 1994 attempts were made to produce a carbine with a shorter (412mm) barrel and an LSW hand guard. Only used in trials, never saw service.

I didn't say it was, I just pointed out that the gun the grover was talking about wasn't the one you pictured.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.