what boots you you use?

armysurplusandtoys

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got an old pair of Mil-tec leather boots which are starting to show their age now, very comfy though and waterproof, and thinsulate lined, they may be cheap but have served me well. Picked up a pair of almost new american Wellco tactical boots (police issue?) the other week for a fiver from Denbigh Army Surplus, my son wore them at skirmish on Saturday, but had some ankle rub, seem on the small size in that area (he's skinny so no way they'd fit me lol!). I also have a pair of Karrimor walking boots though not had to use these for skirmishing . . . . as yet! :)

• Supporters

Really happy with my German para boots, wore Doc Martins for years when I was younger and now realise how uncomfortable they were. Thinking of getting a second pair as I wear them all the time and it's annoying cleaning boots ready for work after a skirmish on sunday night.

It can do. Depends on the cause. Mine is quite often weight related but I've lost three stone since Christmas so I'm hoping it's gone for good. If you don't wear proper, well fitted footwear you can make it come back. It's worth seeing if your local hospital has an orthotics dept. They can usually do gait analysis and recommend what type of footwear you need. I under-pronate (basically my feet don't roll inwards when I walk so I tend to walk on the outside of my feet) which means I need trainers with maximum cushioning and little to no arch support. My GP thought I had fallen arches which would have steered me down completely the wrong avenue for footwear!

Curious, My feet seem to be the opposite, I prefer shoes with a crazy big arch support! Even to the point of a bit of pain. I know when I have a good pair as my feet almost "Crack" back in to place! I can see from the way my shoes wear that I must roll my feet slightly inward as the outside heel wears quicker than the rest.

• Supporters

Curious, My feet seem to be the opposite, I prefer shoes with a crazy big arch support! Even to the point of a bit of pain. I know when I have a good pair as my feet almost "Crack" back in to place! I can see from the way my shoes wear that I must roll my feet slightly inward as the outside heel wears quicker than the rest.

If the outside wears quickest then you either underpronate or possibly you are a "heel striker". I tend to walk on the balls of my feet. Get your gait analysed though, definitely worthwhile. Plenty of good running stores can do it too but might charge.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.