what boots you you use?

armysurplusandtoys

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am currently using waterproof Magnums with the the side zip.

I have had a fubar ankle since 2012 and all other boots tried have made it worse. The side zip allows me to wear them unzipped if my ankle gives me more pain mid-game which takes the pressure off and still gives enough support to stop me twisting either when running in rutted woodland.

Altberg Defenders for me. After smashing my shins to peices in the army a good set of boots were top of my list. Really pleased with them. Good support, nice and soft and no hot spots. £25 pound on eBay, can't recom them enough!

Until I can afford to buy a pair of these from Australia

boots_zpsc609732b.jpg:wub:

I use a pair of tan work boots which cost me £24 from Amazon. I also have DMS boots or S95 boots.

The overall quality of the standard Magnums have gone rapidly down hill over the last 6 or 7 years, my standard issue boots (patrol CEN) are terrible and take about 3 months to fully break in, by which time the leather is too scuffed and ready for the bin.

I have had a pair of Magnum Spider 8.1 for about 12 months now and they have lasted quite well and are pretty comfortable, although not even remotely watertight.

I did have a pair of bates and they were the most comfortable boots I have ever owned, but are heavy and had huge platform heels. Not very nimble boots.

One of the lads had some DrMarten patrol boots that fell to bits after 3 weeks, the sole came loose and the lace eyelets were tearing.

My next pair will be Haix Airpower P3s. But then I wear mine 15 hours a day at work where they need to be posh enough to walk into an Alderley edge mansion, protective enough to walk onto a building site and nimble enough to rally inbetween.

I think if they were purely for airsoft I wouldn't spend anywhere near the money I do on boots, good fitting £25 surplus boots are more than enough for the odd Sunday romp in the woods imo.

Getting a boot that fits and is broken into your foot is key, an expensive boot that doesn't fit is a bad boot.

TL:DR I'm a bit of a boot whore :ph34r:

I bought some 30 pound Magnums from surplus and well...they suck HARD
sooner wear my two tonne newrock boots

• Supporters

Merrell Sawtooths - comfy, nice, reassuringly expensive.

Previously Meindl Desert Foxs but they're just a bit marrow for my feet (hence they're for sale - check the gear section).

I wear a pair of Viper special ops boots. Big fan of these boots, very comfortable. Only issue I really have with them is being suede and nylon the outside is a pain in the backside to clean.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/viper-special-ops-boots-multicam-product,15053

• Supporters

My new Airsoft boot of choice..it ain't quiet it ain't stealthy but Nuts to the road Kfh6KV5.jpg

How the hell do you run about in those? I've lost count of the amount New Rocks I've had that have been 1) stupidly heavy and 2) fallen apart after about 2 miles.

I don't i just..woddle in them
nah i can run just not very fast or far
& i certainly get heard coming from a mile away godzilla style

..... I also have DMS boots or S95 boots.

Oh God, DMS boots are the worst footwear ever, am sure they contributed to my ankle issues, wearing them 3-4 months solid on a submarine fu*ked me up!

Grinders "put teeth on your feet" Attitude. Made in England... doubled in price since I got mine years ago!

How the hell do you run about in those? I've lost count of the amount New Rocks I've had that have been 1) stupidly heavy and 2) fallen apart after about 2 miles.

but damn they were sexy.

• Supporters

but damn they were sexy.

Nice of you to say so. Didn't think you knew me.....

Tried a few.

Bates USMC issue hot weather boots. Well built but not very comfortable for me

Converse C8884's - Most comfortable boots ive ever worn, like slippers

Copy merrel sawtooths. Holding up well untill I can afford the genuine merrels

Anyone happen to use Salomon quest 4D GTX? Also considering them.

i originally bought desert magnums but with the terrain at POW i found them to be too soft underfoot so i bought a set of brown dunlop safety boots from a sports shop. havent looked back since

I still use my old army issue combat boots with zipits on them, they served me very well in the autumn and winter and wore my hitec magnums in the spring autumn

My magnums didn't last long after my discharge cause I wore them in factory's and building sites

Anyone happen to use Salomon quest 4D GTX? Also considering them.

I wear Salomon Cosmic 4D GTX and X Ultra GTX as my day to day civvie shoes and they are awesome. I'm looking to get a pair of Quest, but don't think I'd wear them for airsoft. I would say they are definitely worth getting.

I use Lowa Combat GTX as my airsoft boots. I wear them for work and love them. Very comfortable straight out the box and last for ages. I've got two pairs, my old work, now airsoft pair that I've had for about 4-5 years and my newer ones that I've had for around 2-3 years and just had re-soled. I wore Magnums before the Lowa's and I would only get about a years wear out of them, I won't use anything else for work now. Awesome ankle support and foot protection on all types of terrain and totally water, (and blood, vomit, urine and all sorts of other stuff I come across on a daily basis) proof. Totally worth the money.

I wear Salomon Cosmic 4D GTX and X Ultra GTX as my day to day civvie shoes and they are awesome. I'm looking to get a pair of Quest, but don't think I'd wear them for airsoft. I would say they are definitely worth getting.

I use Lowa Combat GTX as my airsoft boots. I wear them for work and love them. Very comfortable straight out the box and last for ages. I've got two pairs, my old work, now airsoft pair that I've had for about 4-5 years and my newer ones that I've had for around 2-3 years and just had re-soled. I wore Magnums before the Lowa's and I would only get about a years wear out of them, I won't use anything else for work now. Awesome ankle support and foot protection on all types of terrain and totally water, (and blood, vomit, urine and all sorts of other stuff I come across on a daily basis) proof. Totally worth the money.

Where did you have your Lowas re soled ? Mine are almost slicks!

Is it okay to wearing hiking boots for airsofting?

I do long hikes (4-5days) occasionally and have acquired some Meindl Burma boots. They are very good hiking boots, but never worn them to airsoft games. Too scared that they'll get shot to bits, and I think they might be too stiff for running around.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.