VSR help please!

kirvesuk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I've recently installed a 6.02 barrel (with spacers) and a new hop arm in my TM VSR. All the parts were purchased from airsoft sniper parts UK.

Although the gun is firing very accurately at 20 metres, once you put a bit more hop on the BB just falls out of the barrel. Any more hop and it gets stuck in the barrel. I'm using the original hop rubber, .28 BBs and the gun is firing at 310fps.

Should i go back to the original hop arm until i upgrade the spring and get some more power in it, or is there something else I can do?

Many thanks guys.

It sounds like somethint may have gone a bit weird putting the new arm in. My suggestion would be to take apart you hop unit and try that first. There are tons of tutorials out there to help!

Good luck!

What hop up arm did you purchase,and what rubber? I had a problem similar to this however I found that was due to a) A dirty hop up rubber B) Cylinder lubricant drying up and causing excessive friction. Did you mod the cylinder components by any chance?

First eliminate any possibilities of bad parts. Re-install the original arm and new rubber,new arm and old rubber,etc..

Check if the hop up rubber is seated properly,in the unit and on the barrel. Try to eliminate any cause of poor performance from the rubber by giving it a soak in some fairy liquid then a soak in some warm water,this will remove any mold release agent left on the rubber from the factory.

I'd recommend finding a good guide on VSR disassembly. I recommend Worst In Finland's VSR 10 Total take apart guide,I have a link in the overview of the VSR in my sig,or you could just google and find the first result.

Here's a big thing to do. Once you have the unit and barrel assembled,use a screwdriver to push up the C shaped plastic BB retainer. Then,look down the barrel and look up to see the rubber's contact mound. Move the hop up adjustment lever to and fro and see if it's going in evenly.

Thanks for the input guys. It was the aspuk arm that looks like a clone of the dangerwerx B arm.

Put the original back in and it fires from min to max hop again, not tested it at range yet.

Wondering whether the B type arm is not suitable for the stock hop rubber?

Only problem now is I have a spare spring and the hop doesn't click as it adjusts now, don't think it is a coincidence haha

Thoughts?

• Supporters

yeah, on the part that runs along the barrel with 2 screws +1 into the hop chamber, it's from the under side of that, should have a small detent aswell.

I still use the standard TM arm on a PDI 6.03 barrel with a madbull Red VSR Rubber at 460fps and can easily over-hop a .43 (we're talking leaves the barrel and goes into orbit 'over hop') So no need to stick in a fancy arm.

Ideal, thanks for your help everyone. It is now working as normal again but with a nice boost to accuracy. I will leave the trigger and cylinder for aspuk to do I think! :-)

Type B arm is generally not suited for standard single nub bucking,it's more designed for rubbers with Fanged nubs like the Pdi W hold or Maple leaf bucking. Stock TM arm is generally fine in my experience,though I've modded mine to a type B-like since I use a W hold.

The Dangerwerx arms are extremely pieces of kit,but mainly when paired with the right bucking. Nothing wrong with the stock TM arm though,It's generally far better made than the Chinese equivalents (No casting ridge on the inside where the adjuster contacts it,not crooked,not cast out of a mold made out of dog shit,etc..)

The loss of click can either be from losing the spring to the nub shown in this picture(Goes into the secondary adjuster pieces,on the little nub. Has a detent in the hop unit for it) Or it can be from the little plastic nub wearing out but that's rather rare.

http://i.imgur.com/o23kGKI.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.