Cadet thread.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry if I seem dumb, it's just I don't get why so much hate towards the ATC?

The uniform?

Read the comments you've made on the army cadets & you'll find the answer

on my part its Banter not hate..

It's all stemmed from the ATC being snobby towards the ACF and treating the ACF like they're a bunch of oiks. This gave the ATC a reputation of snobbishness and idiocy for thinking one cadet force was better than the other.

Read the comments you've made on the army cadets & you'll find the answer

on my part its Banter not hate..

Comments I've made on Army cadets? Which ones lol?

I have tried not to insult them, just write the truth about who goes to my local detachment.

It's all stemmed from the ATC being snobby towards the ACF and treating the ACF like they're a bunch of oiks. This gave the ATC a reputation of snobbishness and idiocy for thinking one cadet force was better than the other.

Again, this isn't ALL the ATC, that's like me saying:

All ACF are bellends and can't stop swearing.

But I think (and hope) that isn't the case, that's all.

1 was im for 3 years and the other 1 year -_-

Also, the army cadets that we share our parade hall with vandalised it and most of the Army cadets I've met have been narcissistic twats. Who like to bully who ever they fancy bullying and some cant string a sentence together with out the word f'ing in it at least a few times.Perhaps it's just the 3 squadrons I've met. As I said before I strongly respect the Army cadets but not the bullies.

You've met three different Squadrons and they've all been the same seems like your tarring all army cadets with the same brush to me

You've got to love the ghurkas :)

We had some attached my army platoon and there idea of a jog was a full on 20 mile round sprint in full gear cause they were bored, so glad I didn't go along :)

They are certainly a hard bunch of guys physically and mentally

Again, this isn't ALL the ATC, that's like me saying:

All ACF are bellends and can't stop swearing.

But I think (and hope) that isn't the case, that's all.

Exactly. Stereotypes are created when somebody meets another person of a particular faith, gender, political persuasion, cadet force etc, doesn't like them, and blabs to their mates about it- and these stereotypes are perpetuated. I know for a fact there are a lot of ATC personnel who aren't snobby little shits but I have met some who were and didn't help to stop this stereotype's perpetuation.

I've also had the misfortune of meeting ACF cadets who were complete dipsticks and couldn't tell the difference between a safety catch and sight adjustment tool, and didn't have the best track with the law- we had one who was done for GBH after he assaulted a pupil at his school with a saw in their DT class. I knew him for a while- he was a class A prick. He got chucked out after his conviction.

• Supporters

Having been one of the so called "twats", sorry, commissioned officer in the RAFVR(T), I can assure you that this is NOT bullshit and that an officer SHOULD be saluted IF they are recognised.

I stand corrected, twats would expect a salute when in civvies. Those of us in the real military would not.

I stand corrected, twats would expect a salute when in civvies. Those of us in the real military would not.

eQTrfdU.jpg

Tbh you could say that about this whole thread lol

If you wanna avoid all this grievance, join the SJA cadets. 7 years I've been there and I still enjoy it!! Also, once you get your AFA, you can go to events, gigs and football matches for free :D (sorry, had to include the other cadets, but no one likes scouts :P)

I'll help Cadets - get your ruddy hair cut and shape that beret properly. Saw a pack of them in my town centre the other week and they looked like a sack of shit tied in the middle.

The cadet forces are exactly like the armed forces

They all say there in the best force and regiment, squadron or detachment

Yes there are pillocks in all of them, its just part of the course, there will always be rivalry and who's the best

All forces will do the same but also have there own tasks to do

My simple point is, that without eachother, then we wouldn't get anywhere

Who transports the army abroad ?? The royal navy and royal airforce

And while we're at it - bullies are pathetic people who's life is sh*t, so the only way they can feel better is by making people who they feel deserve it, make that persons life miserable

People who have killed themselves because of bullies, these bullies should be shown the misery and heartache caused to the families of the people who took there lives

I was bullied for 2 years because I had a different accent, most of the bullies are junkies, dole dossers or in jail

I despise bullies

It's true that I doubt you have L85's at your school and more likelyhave the L98 (L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle) which has the major difference of an absene of the ability to toggle between full auto and single auto, that said my school has some L86 LSWs for which the older boys can train on and then use that on their camps in section attacks and so on...

Edit: FULLY auto and SEMI auto, sowwy

Ah yes, no auto, however there are some lsws we have. Believe it or not we also used to have an ak47 I was told, a museum needed a secure place. (non functioning).

Caterham school

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.