Will i be able to fit this torch to the side of my Gun

b1n0gHo5t

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181479919374?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i mean i dont mind adding it to the bottom but was going to gear whore and have both laSer & torch on so far i've had little success getting rid of the rails on the side that are doing nothing atm just there

lol taking a second look at the pics i think i should be able to mount it to the side will see how it does (if the pressure plate is pants) i wont be able to palm it on and off which means the laser will have to go to :'(

the mount fits a 21mm rail, so a bit of tape to pad it out should do the trick! dont forget to post pics!!

• Supporters

You may end up wanting a high 25mm ring mount also - with the one which comes with it the bezel of the torch will have to fit pretty far forward to clear the end of your RIS, which may make your gun uncomfortably front heavy. A high mount will allow you to set the torch further back, because there will be more space between the body of the torch and the RIS. If you search ebay.com you will find them slightly cheaper than on ebay.co.uk but either way, they are pretty cheap.

That torch comes with a quick release knurled screw to get it on a rail, but it also comes with some old-style scope mounts which would enable you to clamp it to your barrel or any other tubular part of your rifle, so it depends upon what type of rife you have, whether you have some rails or enough of a projecting barrel to attach it to. I have that exact light on the side of my M4 SIR, on the side rail. It's a really good light incidentally, very bright and long ranged, although I would recommend putting some clear acetate or perspex over the lens to protect it from being shot out by incoming fire.

Thanks for all the replys see pic below in sig to see what gun I have :-D

Sorry typing anything long on phone is a ball ache will reply properly at a later date

Right to a proper reply after looking at more pics i now see how it should attach
and i've tested the theory about being able to "palm" the paddle switch for laser to activate/deactivate it
so i hopefully i should be able to use both sides of the Vert grip with paddle's for light & laser
it's going to weigh the front end down no doubt but that just makes me want to Bulk up even more

• Supporters

You could also add a large steel bolt wrapped in black LX tape (or any lump of metal), or what I have used for this - the dreaded black gaffer, as a balancing weight to your stock. Even though it will make the gun heavier, it doesn't make your left arm ache so much when the weight is distributed evenly either side of your hands.

I have that exact torch. I've bolted it to the side of one of my M4s for you to have a look. It needs to be mounted so that the head of the torch overhangs the RIS - the supplied mount is a little to low to hold it far enough away from the rail. I also have a perspex disk taped to the front of mine to protect it :)

post-3786-0-13323700-1413386847_thumb.jpg

post-3786-0-99836200-1413386854_thumb.jpg

Ah cool thanks very much ^_^
how did you find the pressure pad is it flimsy or will i be able to use my palm to turn it on/off without too much hassle
yeah i'm in no doubt about putting something on front to stop it getting shattered (i've seen one too many cameras get shot out to be silly enough not to protect it)

The pressure pad is nice and chunky, so you should be OK. It feels like there is a row of microswitches inside it, so giving it a squeeze anywhere along it's length works fine. I just prefer not to use them - I like clicking the tail button on with my thumb so I'm not accidentally lighting my self up if I squeeze the foregrip too hard!

• Supporters

The pressure pad is nice and chunky, so you should be OK. It feels like there is a row of microswitches inside it, so giving it a squeeze anywhere along it's length works fine. I just prefer not to use them - I like clicking the tail button on with my thumb so I'm not accidentally lighting my self up if I squeeze the foregrip too hard!

That would have been my suggestion. Assuming you're using a vert grip and are right handed, position the torch so you can easily reach the back end with your thumb and happy days.

Or you could just lose the laser on account of them being mostly useless anyway.

LoL i know but i'm just gear whoring it looks nice under the gun
seem's a waste to not have it there even if i dont use it
though it does make tactical sense to drop dead weight & you're not the first to tell me to drop it sigh :'(
will take it off now see how the gun feels

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.