TaiwanGun charging for postage?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title of the thread suggests, TaiwanGun are now charging for postage on orders that are under 300 it appears.

What's your thoughts on this guys? I always thought that a lot of the praise for TaiwanGun came from the fact that they offered free postage in EU on orders over 60.

I made an order from Taiwangun on the weekend, I had to pay postage despite the order being ~£90. Its a shame about free postage but needs must :)

- Ant

It's still usual TWG prices but with their postage added on. I mean, it's not bad rates for postage considering it's all the way from Poland (1800 miles or so?) but they've always been known for their free postage :(

AUSTRIA 11,63 € BELGIUM 9,04 € BULGARIA 22,09 € CZECH REPUBLIC 8,34 € DENMARK 12,12 € ESTONIA 11,41 € FINLAND 19,16 € GREECE 28,29 € NETHERLANDS 10,05 € LITHUANIA 11,11 € LUXEMBOURG 12,00 € LATVIA 11,77 € GERMANY 7,54 € PORTUGAL 17,20 € ROMANIA 19,35 € SLOVAKIA 10,28 € SLOVENIA 14,32 € SWEDEN 15,19 € HUNGARY 12,52 € ITALY 15,34 €

Were not on the list yet lol

AUSTRIA 11,63 BELGIUM 9,04 BULGARIA 22,09 CZECH REPUBLIC 8,34 DENMARK 12,12 ESTONIA 11,41 FINLAND 19,16 GREECE 28,29 NETHERLANDS 10,05 LITHUANIA 11,11 LUXEMBOURG 12,00 LATVIA 11,77 GERMANY 7,54 PORTUGAL 17,20 ROMANIA 19,35 SLOVAKIA 10,28 SLOVENIA 14,32 SWEDEN 15,19 HUNGARY 12,52 ITALY 15,34

Were not on the list yet lol

Haha, that is a shame. Well tbh it could be they want their customers to buy that extra gun from them for the free postage, or if they just think it was costing them too much.

On another note, 800 posts

I think its around the 16-19 euro mark via UPS
as thats what i seen when i put my order it (but managed to get it over 60 for free shipping)

I ordered 2 mid caps, a scope, a m4 mag pouch (triple) and some rail ladders. Cant't remember the weight but the postage cost me £15. I live in Somerset.

- Ant

Just checked, minimum order for free postage is about £253 and postage is £15.

Oh and they just got Stens in and I need one for my Owen gun conversion. Just gotta wait til payday :)

• Supporters

Luckily I had a big spend in Sept but mr B said about this over the weekend in staus/comments

true enough they seem to have started to charge from around 1st October.....

£15 for orders under £300 - FFS

have emailed them saying GunFire don't charge for 69 Euro order

often GF are a tiny bit cheaper and still offer loyalty points too

my only gripe with GF was they can be a bit slower than TaiwanGun to ship

TaiwanGun were brill - and offered 10% off anything not on sale if you order reg - monthly 10% voucher code

But this latest stunt of £15 is a bit ott in my book - GF think charge about half that if under 69Euro

ok this GF free shipping was with GLS but did offer free UPS I think if order was £150 aprox I think

They are both good - GF a bit bigger/cheaper but TaiwanGun had some good deals and stuff GF didn't carry/stock

Really think TaiwanGun should of be offering free shipping on 100 or 150 Euro - 300 Euro is a bit ott

time will tell if it has an impact on sales of 1 or 2 cheap gun orders or 1 gun & spares

I said that this may be a little unwise as me & others may look towards GunFire first from now on - especially for small orders

Luckily I'm ok - but still a bit of a pi$$er for those who missed out, 15% off @ GF has just ended

but no doubt they will do another crazy offer soon and we shall see how TWG responds to the competition

I appreciate they need to make a profit but from €100 or so up to €300 is a bit of a steep increase. :(

Was gonna order a Glock or two off them but not going to bother anymore. They've got 16% off them at the moment so you can buy one for only about £67 but then there's £15 postage on top of that.

I'd rather just pay a bit more and get em from Patrol Base. Off on Thursday :D

• Supporters

Ooooh, that is a bummer - still £15 may be a kick in the nuts on small items that can be stacked into a sensible shape of box, but it's not bad on an AEG shaped package - it's cheaper than ordering heavy stuff from HK too and no chance of Customs wanting their pound of flesh.

So far i've found twg customer service to be faultless too, whereas gf may be well meaning but their English language skills aren't much good.

Let us also not forget that some* UK retailers not only charge an arm and a leg for items, but also can't resist gouging a few extra quid out of us when it comes to P&P... you just have to maintain a mahoosive bookmarks list, keep a currency converter tab open, and see who can do what you want cheapest all in...

*i'm having a fad on using asterisks at the moment :) - it's easier than constructing better sentences / anyway, i feel that my position as a mod precludes me from naming and shaming any particular retailers, but as an example, i've just bought something for £17 which would fit into a package Royal Mail define as 'small' and would charge £3.80 signed for - i had to pay £5.50 / ok it's only £1.70 but it's my cup of decent hot choc while i'm waiting for a train which i may now be forced to forego...

• Supporters

£15 for posting an AEG really isn't that huge a deal. Granted I'm speaking from a position of a well paid job and no kids to suck all the fun out of my life money out of my account but even so. Yes, free postage was great but when you take into account how much cheaper they are selling the guns in the first place it's not so bad. They've potentially done it to try and cover the insurance claims of postage into the UK when customs get involved. They've had an "at your own risk" disclaimer on UK shipping for a while now.

As for emailing them and demanding free postage just because Gunfire do? Bit childish. It's their business they can charge whatever the hell they like. If you don't want to pay it, buy from someone else. Simple and more effective.

• Supporters

No, don't mince words, Loz, tell us how you really feel :lol:

• Supporters

No, don't mince words, Loz, tell us how you really feel :lol:

I have no patience for idiots. The world is in essence a simple place, play the game or GTFO. Bitching about it on the internet will not win friends.

• Supporters

Show me someone who thinks they have it sussed and i'll show you someone who has ceased to learn.

Plus: don't ask, don't get.

• Supporters

Bear in mind that most AEG guns are too hot from TWG & GF

So that £15 extra for posting is now £20 for you to receive it & use it with lower spring etc...

(yes still needed to change spring on most aeg's when it was free but £15 is a bit steep to me)

This may be also due to Dollar / Euro / GBP exhange rate - a few months ago it was nearly $1:80 to £1

now I think it is about $1:65 but Euro is still fairly good @ about 1:26 Euro to £1 aprox

ll this exchange rate will have an impact on many things but still to slap on £15 unless you go nutz with £250+ order

well - I will be looking at GF first - yup I can afford £15 but doesn't mean I won't notice £15 out of my wallet

(i'm not that rich)

• Supporters

I thought twg change springs for free, another bonus?

Yeah, they do. On some of their guns they also give the gb's a basic rebuild as standard.

Must have been a trial as they didnt always offer free shipping. 2 years ago I bought a RIF from them and paid £11 postage on it.

• Supporters

^^Good choice. I was going to get one of those too, but i already had 2 AK-47's so I couldn't really justify it :lol: got the 74 instead and i'm very happy with the quality of it.

Hmn... that's a real shame. I think they will lose business (personally, I'm not sure if I'll bother now) and it was somewhat of a trademark for them.

Might actually write a line or two to them telling them it's not unlikely they will loose business because of it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.