Newbie here

Chrisdut

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you haven't already then you may want to check out some of the guides on here buddy:

http://www.airsoft-f...er-guides-info/

And this to help you find a gun:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

Also, if you can visit you local site a few times before spending loads of money.

If you haven't already try to read up on the law.

Last but not least:

Don't buy from websites that have the phrase :"Bbguns" in their name, but that's upto you and I am not sure about that advice but I'll just add it in...

There are quite a few good sites such as:

-ZeroOneAirsoft - They 2-tone for free

-ProAirsoftSupplies - Good all round

-Taiwangun - Polish company, but the things are cheap

LandWarriorAirsoft - Have lots of brands you struggle to find in the UK

-PatrolBase - Generally a nice website for gear, gun stock isn't as good

Hope this helps mate!

(Thanks to those whos info I used)

Fire support also very good on the topic, as well as airsoft world which seems to be alright. Airsoft zone is good too.

Standard m4 anyone will recommend will be the G&G combat machine range, I have one and it is very good, and the price is low too

Fire support also very good on the topic, as well as airsoft world which seems to be alright. Airsoft zone is good too.

Standard m4 anyone will recommend will be the G&G combat machine range, I have one and it is very good, and the price is low too

Just having a look, the T4-18 is a vey nice rifle

• Supporters

If you haven't already then you may want to check out some of the guides on here buddy:

http://www.airsoft-f...er-guides-info/

And this to help you find a gun:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

Also, if you can visit you local site a few times before spending loads of money.

If you haven't already try to read up on the law.

Last but not least:

Don't buy from websites that have the phrase :"Bbguns" in their name, but that's upto you and I am not sure about that advice but I'll just add it in...

There are quite a few good sites such as:

-ZeroOneAirsoft - They 2-tone for free

-ProAirsoftSupplies - Good all round

-Taiwangun - Polish company, but the things are cheap

LandWarriorAirsoft - Have lots of brands you struggle to find in the UK

-PatrolBase - Generally a nice website for gear, gun stock isn't as good

Hope this helps mate!

(Thanks to those whos info I used)

Just want to add to this list:

A2Armouries in Amersham - easy to access from London Underground (Metropolitan Line), flexible on the UKARA rules, myself and a few friends got our kit from them using another exception other than UKARA

JustBBGuns - Based near Heathrow, does some decent G&G stuff but also some very cheap two tone knock off guns.

Welcome to the forum! Alpha55 at Halkyn near Flint (next to the A55, my local site too) is probably your nearest site, and Ex-site near Mold is another, both are woodland and can be found on tinternet and facebook. Also not far, another good site is The Manor (Zed Adventures) near Warrington which is CQB and woodland and also do Zombie themed events if that takes your fancy. There is/was a CQB site in Chester and also one near Wrexham though I don't know much about them as only heard by word of mouth, worth a search on one of the airsoft maps mentioned in threads above.

The Airsoft Shack in Buckley is worth a look (open Thurs to Sat, check out on Facebook), not a big shop but have a selection of guns including G&G usually, and Soldier of Fortune in Corwen is best local retailer in these parts for guns and gear, massive stock variety although not the cheapest, their website is well worth a look.

Most of the popular airsoft retailers have feedback on this forum, worth having a search through, bear in mind any will fall over themselves when taking your money but not all are great if something goes wrong and you need it fixed under warranty, or a refund.

Anything else just ask away!

Welcome aboard!

please please please avoid looking at any " BB " site

90% of the stuff you might think of buying is $HIT !!!!!!

(might be 99% but 9% good stuff is out of stock)

as a general rule get a cheap G&G is most likely your safest bet

This is a good rule of thumb, however, when you know a bit more about various airsoft guns, and can avoid buying pieces of crap which look like a bargain, then it is actually possible to occasionally find a bargain on some of those BB gun sites. However, note that the service and support from them is generally appalling, so you'd better be sure of what you are doing if buying from them.

• Supporters

indeed:

JustBBGuns - 9mm blanks for BFG £15 for 50 or £13:50 with 10% code

BBGuns4Less - used to do 10k of them crappy .12g bb's for about £15

(crap for general use but ideal if trigger happy/suppressing fire using a drum/box mag)

The above do free shipping for about £50 or £60 orders

OnlyBBGuns - maybe the better of the 3 - did a nice cheap CO2 pistol for £30 free shipping on all stuff

(£27 if using RC10 10% discount but been out of stock a couple of months - non-blowback of course)

or if you really really had to buy a cheapo 2-tone gun maybe - and really say MAYBE you could perhaps

consider this:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/refurbished-airsoft-guns-refurb=101.html?product_id=1024#.VEDkuxbqfIU

now this refurb and absolute horrible orange but supposed to have a metal gearbox and about 300fps for £72 del

if RC10 voucher is still valid then you could get it for under £65 delivered - still pig ugly an no way as good as G&G

but I have bought a LOT LOT WORSE than that - don't mention B500A1 as it is deffo not fantastic according to JambWow

(you can tell when chubby from JustBBGuns is telling lies - his lips are moving and nothing but pure bull$hit is coming out of his mouth)

I still recommend getting G&G from £100 upwards - built better, last longer and you won't have the pi$$ taken out of you if you take to a site

buy any old cheapo crap from a " BB " site and you WILL regret it like most of us have

(plus the pi$$ taken out of you and you end up getting owned by superior guns leaving you with nothing but the right hump)

But majority of stuff on there is crap and think we have all learned the hard way

I'm in the Chester area too, I highly recommend attending Alpha 55, great folks there. Shock & Awe in Abergele is also just as good, just a bit too far for me.

I didn't realise you were quite so local Monty, we could get a North Wales get together going at this rate lol!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.