Hi - London based

YingKid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I've been airsofting for a long time but never got involved with forums. I'm based in Central London and looking to go airsofting more. I've been going with my friends but getting them go on a regular basis is becoming more difficult. Would be great if there is anyone here living in London, similar age to me (30) and would like to visit a few sites around the area together. Anyone interested?

Pete

Welcome to the forum. London based myself, where exactly are you in Central London and what are your usual sites?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Suzuki, I'm not far from Elephant & Castle. I've not been anywhere regularly but The Mall in Reading as I don't have a car and rely on public transport. Want to check out other sites but don't fancy going alone. Want to check out Bunker 51 as that's the only other site I know that is accessible to me via public transport.

I'm also considering using the Zipcars to go airsofting at some more remote places but renting those cars are expensive!

Where are you based Suzuki?

Any other Londoners here?

I am se London myself so I play bunker 51 and total warfare Airsoft quite a bit, know quite a few of the regulars in these sites. I also public transport my way to sites so I have worked out how to get to quite a few like Billericay skirmish which for me at least is a similar time to TWA and is a really good woodland site. I would really like an experienced buddy team member to play with so depending on if we get on it could be good to get us both playing buddy team tactics.

I want to go to the mall at some point its just a long journey that requires an overnight for me. But b51 is nearby and TWA and ucap sandpit are well within reach as are a few Essex sites. I think I am up for seeing if it can work and to what extent. Almost feels like I am arranging a blind date here.....ummm awkward question but shall we do a beer perhaps or you want to just meet me in camo with my guns on Saturday morning in a train station?!

Edited by BrightCandle

• Supporters

Croydon - Surrey, cheapy local TWA and have been to Epsom Bunker - dark is an understatement

Not tried Bunker 51 - seemed a tad dearer and Woolwich getting on a bit plus midweek nights can't do coz shift worker :(

my son is the more serious player, me I am just the one that goes along to have fun & be the decoy etc.. hence the name

welcome all airsofter's, even though everybody else thinks we are nutters with toy guns

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Suzuki, I'm not far from Elephant & Castle. I've not been anywhere regularly but The Mall in Reading as I don't have a car and rely on public transport. Want to check out other sites but don't fancy going alone. Want to check out Bunker 51 as that's the only other site I know that is accessible to me via public transport.

I'm also considering using the Zipcars to go airsofting at some more remote places but renting those cars are expensive!

Where are you based Suzuki?

Any other Londoners here?

I'm based in East London. Used to go TWA Urban and haven't been to TWA Woodland for a very long time. Been plenty of times in the past to Bunker 51 but that site frustrates the hell out of me. Billericay is a good site and so is Dragons Lair in Brentwood which is easily accessible. If your doing the zipcar we could arrange to split costs as getting to some of these sites by mainline trains is cutting timings fine at times, especially if it's a Sunday. There are more of us on AFUK who are London based and I have a small Facebook group for London based skirmishers.

Welcome aboard mate, I'm in SE London. TWA's my old regular but I'm out of the game at the moment due to lack of a gun and a car - soon to be remedied however!

Wow, quite pleased with the responses I've received.

BrightCandle, that's actually the kind of response I was hoping for. Happy to meet up for a beer or even just meet up for airsoft. Where about in SE London are you? Where do you work? Just trying figure out where the best would be if we were to meet up for a drink. The Mall is pretty good and shouldn't require an overnight journey if you can get to Paddington station easily. It's actually next to Reading train station (2 min walk) which is only 35min from Paddington. I'm actually going to go with a few friends on 9th Nov (but won't be via Paddington as I'll be in Reading the night before). You're more than welcome to come join. If not, then we can go together elsewhere another time.

Sitting Duck, I've been meaning to check out the Tactical Warfare sites. Urban one is closed now right? Will let you know when I get myself down there. What do you think of it?

Suzuki, what frustrates you about Bunker 51? Zipcar cost £75 for the day plus mileage (60 miles for free). Happy to share the cost and would be even cheaper if we get a third person. So how many more Londoners do you know and do you generally go airsofting together? Also, if we arrange to meet up with BrightCandle for a drink, would you be interested in joining (or anyone else who's reading this interested in joining?)?

Welcome aboard mate, I'm in SE London. TWA's my old regular but I'm out of the game at the moment due to lack of a gun and a car - soon to be remedied however!

Thanks! Let me know when you are sorted out kit/car-wise. Otherwise join us if we manage to organise drinks!

• Supporters

TWA Urban is gone :( - lost it around May and still no urban replacement

TWA Woodland - Addington - bottom of gravel hill

Most people using public transport use tram to the tram/bus terminal and TWA do offer

a pick/drop off service for about £3 from there to site I think

Or failing that lmk if/when you going and will see if I can give ya lift from tram/bus terminal

£20 full or £10 half day walk on - (no lunch included for full day walk on)

BB's £9 per 5k .20g's - think .25's are £11 was SRC but recently started using BAW brand

ALL GUNS ARE RUN THROUGH CHRONO - they are very serious about this n safety

(they do still run with a relaxed atmosphere but are serious about safety & all that)

Fair mix of regulars with some newcomers & hirers

Yup you get the odd non hit-takers mainly noobs/hirers/kids but you get that with nearly all sites

Very few people taking this way too seriously or bitching about defeat

so it is for me a good cheap "fun" but safe all-round site

not perfect & not the be all n end all ultimate experience site

(might try Sandpitt Darford one day but think I will wait a while for the more serious skirmish sites)

But for me the Woodland site is where I recently got my UKARA and above all is only 5/10 mins from me

so that alone does go a long way I guess...

Son normally goes full day every fortnight & I tend to try and go half day at least once a month if I can

(old fart me just can't keep up with you youngsters - knackered even doing half day)

Not a bad site - cheap & on my doorstep and they play on Saturday's as opposed to Sunday's

(so could still go to Epsom Bunker or Sandpit if they was on that weekend)

next game is this Sat 18th I think

Wow, quite pleased with the responses I've received.

BrightCandle, that's actually the kind of response I was hoping for. Happy to meet up for a beer or even just meet up for airsoft. Where about in SE London are you? Where do you work? Just trying figure out where the best would be if we were to meet up for a drink. The Mall is pretty good and shouldn't require an overnight journey if you can get to Paddington station easily. It's actually next to Reading train station (2 min walk) which is only 35min from Paddington. I'm actually going to go with a few friends on 9th Nov (but won't be via Paddington as I'll be in Reading the night before). You're more than welcome to come join. If not, then we can go together elsewhere another time.

Sitting Duck, I've been meaning to check out the Tactical Warfare sites. Urban one is closed now right? Will let you know when I get myself down there. What do you think of it?

Suzuki, what frustrates you about Bunker 51? Zipcar cost £75 for the day plus mileage (60 miles for free). Happy to share the cost and would be even cheaper if we get a third person. So how many more Londoners do you know and do you generally go airsofting together? Also, if we arrange to meet up with BrightCandle for a drink, would you be interested in joining (or anyone else who's reading this interested in joining?)?

Bunker 51 frustrates me as it's usually overcrowded and the games are poorly organised. I admit I haven't been there for a while but I don't think it's changed much since I last went. Brightcandle confirms in his posts about Bunker 51 that it still seems the same and in some aspects it has declined a bit.

I can get a few people together for a skirmish so we can split the cost of a zipcar further and help keep costs down for all involved. I'd like to get to the Mall and the Sandpit at some point but my favourite site by far is Dragon's Lair. The people who run that site are fantastic and extremely welcoming.

I'm up for a few bevvies too.

At this rate we'll be hiring a minibus :lol: AWA Herts looks doable, IIRC it's only an hour and 20 minutes from SE london when I last checked on google maps.

Ha ha, funny you should say that. When I first started airsoft 10 years ago, it was at an university society. I was literally hiring a minibus to take us groups of students to various sites every month.

Ok, screw it. If I said that I will hire a Zipcar for either Saturday 25th October or Sunday 26th October (depending on the site), who would be up for it? If so, drop me your postcode and I will start thinking about routes.

This weekend I am going to head down to billericay Skirmish again, which is a Saturday game and it leaves London from Liverpool Street and Stratford. I will be on the 8:02 from Stratford (which is 7:55 from Liverpool street), it changes at Shenfield and then there is a cab in Billericay to the site which is about 5 minutes. So if any one fancies joining me on the platform at Stratford is one place or the if you get on at Liverpool Street it would be probably Shenfield unless we pre arrange which carriage.

Its short notice so no worries if no one fancies rushing out, I need to test my Tar 21 gun so I need to play a game and see what I need to fix now its working and I play most weekends anyway.

Otherwise I propose next week for a beer, I am free Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Since I mostly work from home I have to travel into the centre so its probably better to choose a pub near someones work. Without any preference I would otherwise choose something in and around London Bridge for convenience for me since its on the train line I would likely travel in on.

Hi brightcandle, unfortunately can't make this Saturday. Up for it the following Saturday as mentioned though.

As for a drink, I'm free all those days too. Happy to meet London bridge.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.