Importing RS handguard

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I was wondering if it's legal and if so, possible to import magpul RS hand guards, such as:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG538/62

Although having pasting that link think I might have answered my own question after noticing the ITAR bit, but then why is it illegal to import/export something which is essentially the same as a PTS guard?

Keep forgetting how daft some laws are..

Usually it's fine to import parts like that.

But with sh*tty ITAR I think it's different. I don't think you can even order it anyway as in I'm not sure you even have the option to ship to the UK from Magpul's website.

No idea why they restrict stuff like that. :|

I dunno maybe if you can order off another website it would be okay or something? I mean there could be the arms trade regulations but if the company shipped it maybe it would come through alright. Doubt our customs would stop it.

ITAR is a US law that forbids EXPORT only. As far as I know Magpul handguards aren't ITAR and are completely legal to own in the UK, finding a dealer in the US willing to export one may be a challenge though!

Just had a play around on one of the sites which stocked it, there was a bit next to the guard stating it was ITAR and only available within the US.

But on the other hand Midway UK stocks one of them, so who knows! I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately they only do the standard one and not the SL. Pretty funny how on the magpul site it's only $25, which apparently translates to £39 over here.

Just had a play around on one of the sites which stocked it, there was a bit next to the guard stating it was ITAR and only available within the US.

But on the other hand Midway UK stocks one of them, so who knows! I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately they only do the standard one and not the SL. Pretty funny how on the magpul site it's only $25, which apparently translates to £39 over here.

Midway UK is incredibly expensive. I swear Tactical Tailor MAVs or something are like 60 quid on there.

• Supporters

You'll find most US companies won't ship beacuse of ITAR. Even if an item ISN'T restricted, so much gear IS that they just play it safe.

Anywhere in the UK will be expensive, because UK shooters are anally pillaged on pricing for EVERYTHING. Might be an idea to try and find one in the EU? Easier imports and cheaper prices.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.