Starter gun for a newbie

AirsoftFNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey airsofters, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good starter gun. I have a few requirements thou:

Budget is £250 but could increase to £300 if it's really worth the extra 50.

It needs to be a good outdoors gun, I'm not gonna be shooting that far so 14-18 inch barrel would be ideal.

I'd prefer not to have an M4, but if it could feed from common mags like STANAG or AK mags that would be good. Or an alternate gun like a battle rifle if it's worth it.

I'd prefer some rail space but if an aftermarket RIS is available I could buy that later.

Weight isn't really an issue unless it's absurd.

I want it to be upgrade compatible so a V2 or V3 gearbox would be ideal or at least compatible with most V2 or V3 parts.

I also like 2-tone not I could always do that myself.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm going to do what I always do with these posts and refer you to the BEST written post on this forum: Ian's guide to noobism on a tight budget.

This is definitely the best guide out there for new players, and it pretty much covers EVERY question that you may have.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.