First AK12 in Production

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I may as well open a thread.

Black Viper, a low end airsoft company, stepped up and created the first AK12 replica.

Sounds awesome eh? You'd think they'd sparkle it up with a metal hop up chamber and metal gearbox and jack up the price, but no.

The very... first... mouth-watering AK12... is....

An LPEG.

They fucked up

And here it is: Da Akemtwelvez

Luckily though, it's clear plastic, so it doesn't look too bad like fuck-off JBBG orange and bright ass airsoftworld green, and, i can also do some analysis on the internals.

So far, it's defo a full V3 gearbox inside - that is plastic - which means that you can transplant a metal one in. Hop up chamber looks normal but, there's a weird thing extending out the back of it... which may indicate that it is proprietary OR it may just be the lever setting the hop up on.

I cannot see a metal barrel inside; it may just be the clear plastic covering it but if it is a plastic barrel, then... that's retarded.

Everything else looks fine but looking at a real steel AK12, apparently, the dust cover flips up and pivots inbetween the first and second top rail. It looks like the BV AK12 can do that but i have doubts about that, so accessing the gearbox may not be possible.

At £70, it's defo not bad for the price but, is it worth buying and switching all the parts?

In the end, it's still the first AK12 and has defo set the benchmark VERY VERY LOW.

I wonder which company will make the next one.

I'm still tempted.

There's no guarantee another company will make 'the next one' of course, since it was not taken up by the Russian Army and it's banned from import into the USA at present as well, so that may limit its appeal. Then again, it might even make it more desirable if it is actually difficult to get hold of one, you never can tell.

Either way, since one airsoft manufacturer has gone to the trouble of producing molds for an AK12, i should say some other company probably will either licence copy that mold, or just rip it off at some point (this is China after all, where intellectual copyright is relatively meaningless). Whether a rival manufacturer will raise the bar or lower it further still is another matter entirely.

I might take a punt on one of them for a laugh on payday, if only to have one for my wall. I suspect it won't be a breeze to modify it, doesn't look to me like the top cover actually moves to hinge upwards like the real thing, although I could be wrong because there is a pin or screw of some type in the location where the hinge is on the real AK12, and I did find a website where it said the hop up was adjustable under the dust cover.

I did want a More Tacticool Ak not a fan of the wooden kit ak's however Blasphemous that is to the AK Purists out there

Nah, the only truly blasphemous heretic of the AK family, is the K-VAR AKU-94 Bullpup conversion kit

I must have one..anyone in need of a Kidney ?

Well, it's news because there wasn't an AK-12 on the market until now. Hopefully a company jumps on getting a AEG version to the market.

Frizzle will be a nightmare when that day comes...

• Supporters

I am soooo depressed :'(

This is probably

An LPEG is news now ffs

This is probably more newsworthy where an airsoft AK12 is concerned. Probably cost you 700 quid to get one, but it will be using bits from the real AK12, so if you like authenticity in your AEGs, it's probably as good as you're gonna get:

http://www.popularairsoft.com/aek-971-and-ak-12-npo-aeg-set-release-2015

• Supporters

^^Ooooooh luuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvly! But $1000 and that's before we start jumping through UK Customs' hoops, concerning ourselves with the, no doubt outrageous, FPS, and trying to discover what, if any, original AK parts are actually banned from import into the UK... it's a cruel world :'(

Seeing the thread title got me excited, thought it'd be comfirmation of the rumours that Echo 1 were going to make AK12s (Can't remember where I read that, likely it was someone talking shit, but still gained my attention). Let's hope that a beefy metal AEG one is secretly on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Just bought one of these for a bit of a laugh, as I was curious to see if it could have a decent gearbox transplanted into it. If not, it'll be an okay wall hanger for my collection.

Take one for the team, as it were. Nice one. Let us know, please.

Just bought one of these for a bit of a laugh, as I was curious to see if it could have a decent gearbox transplanted into it. If not, it'll be an okay wall hanger for my collection.

please, i beg of you... give us a detailed review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.