m4 aeg trademark question

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it a requirement that AEG's have the manufacture logo/mark on it or can they be painted over ??

Nick

Thanks mate, that's what I wanted to know

It'll cost a fortune to have it engraved :(

The real trademarks are copyright (things like the Colt prancing horse logo, the words AR15, M16, M4 etc, and of course the text Colt Firearms Division, Colt Industries, Hartford, Conn, USA, next to the safety) so it would actually be illegal to have them engraved on without the permission of Colt, although it's doubtful Colt would come after you, especially since they would not know about it, although they have been known to be quite litigious in the past, they've sued a few other arms manufacturers for describing products as 'M4 type weapons' and even sued the US Army (and won) over who actually owned the M16 name. So finding a company prepared to break the law and engrave it might be tricky if the company is aware of how snotty Colt can be over their trademark. But, you could always simply do it yourself by knocking the trademarks up in Photoshop, printing a waterslide transfer off a laser printer, then fixing it with flat spray varnish. If you want assistance with that, I am an Adobe Certified Instructor in Photoshop, so I can knock it up for you.

Thanks chock that would be appreciated for future endeavours

• Supporters

Title edited to comply with our 'what it says on the tin' policy.

I'll expand on what I was saying and make it more clear

My rifle has the G&G logo on the body and that's what I wanted to paint over

I'm not trying to rip of trade logos and break any laws

I apologise most sincerely for the confusion

Thanks chock that would be appreciated for future endeavours

Here it is as a transfer would appear on black:

onblack_zps5dbea758.png

Here it is as a transparently-backed PNG file, which you would need to print onto clear waterslide decal paper (note that you could not use this file as it would have a white backdrop, you'd need a PNG from me):

onclear_zps340450b8.png

If you want some transfer artwork as a PNG, let me know. You can get waterslide paper here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-Inkjet-Waterslide-Decal-Paper-White-and-Clear-VARIOUS-PACK-SIZES-AVAILABLE-/171424176327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item27e9ad58c7

Very cool chock

What's your prices for that sort of thing ??

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.