How many mags should a gas refill last?

TacticalPotato1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm very new to GBB pistols and recently got myself a WE M92 FS. Filling up the magazine with WE Green Gas for about 5 to 7 seconds lasts about 1 and a half magazines (25 BB's in each mag).

Is this normal because I would have though that one refill would last at the very very least 2 mags and more reasonably 3 mags.

It's not exceptionally cold and even if I don't rapid fire it won't last 2 full mags.

How long should it last?

Also, sometimes even when the magazine is empty the slide won't lock back and I can keep firing. This usually happens after rapid firing. Is this normal or is something broken?

Very dependant on the gas system, router seals etc, most 1911's can barely get an entire mag out where as my HK45 gets 3 mags per fill, 1 1/2 - 2 mags is probably about right

I barely expect my GBB 1911 to get the entire contents of the mag off, let alone a reload of the thing, whereas my GBB MP5 mags could probably get off one and a half loads without a refill. A lot depends on the gun, the action of it, the seals, etc, regardless of temperature, although at this time of year you might see performance drop a little bit anyway. Personally, I regard any GBB mag as needing a re-gas any time I reload it, which is not a bad way to treat them, since you should never really let a mag go completely empty of gas, as it would allow the seals to loosen.

• Supporters

The best I've ever seen on a standard gas mag was about 70 shots, in the height of summer, on my WE Glock when it was brand new.

But it's very dependant on the efficiency of the system, the weight of the slide, the size of the mags (bigger = more gas) and of course the temperature.

I don't carry gas into games with me, so I'll always just top the gas fill up when I reload the magazine with ammo. To me it doesn't matter what the gas economy is like, so long as it works when I want it to, and it can fire all the shots I load it with.

• Supporters

well yeah, like you said it's non blowback. all it needs to do is get a .20-.30g BB out of the barrel at 270fps. Shifting 40-50g of plastic or 100-120g of metal 50mm takes a bit more energy!

With a WE M9 getting through the whole magazine is pretty good, getting through a mag and a half is exceptional, it's not broken.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.