How many mags should a gas refill last?

TacticalPotato1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm very new to GBB pistols and recently got myself a WE M92 FS. Filling up the magazine with WE Green Gas for about 5 to 7 seconds lasts about 1 and a half magazines (25 BB's in each mag).

Is this normal because I would have though that one refill would last at the very very least 2 mags and more reasonably 3 mags.

It's not exceptionally cold and even if I don't rapid fire it won't last 2 full mags.

How long should it last?

Also, sometimes even when the magazine is empty the slide won't lock back and I can keep firing. This usually happens after rapid firing. Is this normal or is something broken?

My We P228 lasts about 1.8 magazines or thereabouts, ie its not quite enough to go two rearms so I have to regas on every full rearm.

Redwoflairsoft did a big comparison of P226's or maybe 1911 (saw it months ago) and gas efficiency and We didn't do great. I think IIRC KWA won it by some margin and was a little over 3 or 4 magazines (50 or even 60 shots) in all. But its not uncommon for them only to last around about 1.5-2 magazines from We from what I have seen.

Do check to make sure your mags aren't leaking out of any of their valves, its also not uncommon for the mags to be leaking a little and you might have to tighten the magazine, the valves or add some silicon oil on the internal O rings. But I wouldn't expect 2 magazines off of one gas fill in my experience with my We pistol.

There are a lot of variables with gas guns such as what gas is used, ambient temperature, gas capacity etc. I have a TM 1911 & M9 and a KWA Glock 23. The bigger mags in the M9 and Glock will empty just under 2 mags while the thinner 1911 mag will only just do over 1 full mag on an averagely warm day around 18c using either green gas or propane,and that is with leak free mags and the gun slides correctly lubed. In Summer it will increase by a few shots but in Winter that reduces a fair bit though all will function to an extent, but not an entire mag fired rapidly. Firing rapidly will lead to a faster cool down, hence lower gaspressure and the gun may not then cycle fully, particularly on a colder day. Leave the gun for 5 mins and it may then function fine again. 1.5 mags in a new gen WE would be about right I'd have thought on an average day. Its a good idea to keep mags warm (eg in trouser pocket) in colder weather, and practice slower aimed shots, rather than blatting away and suddenly find your gun not functioning correctly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.