Have i damaged it???

robpercival

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just purchased a new Boyi G36 EBB gun, changed the spring to lower fps for game on sunday and test fired but oops.... I noticed i had the cocking lever locked back when i fired it several times on semi... DO you think i have done any damage as the instructions states it will have caused gearbox damage if fired with the colcing lever locked back.

It still shoots but want to know if i will have caused any long lastign damage?

Cheers guys

• Supporters

It's pretty much an aspect of the design that the ejection port cover will sometimes come to rest at the rear, as the blowback is achieved by clamping it directly to the piston. If you fire on auto it'll probably stop somewhere in the middle more often than fully closed.

The charging handle more than likely has no functional purpose so I don't see why it'd matter. If it doesn't sound any different when you shoot it, then nothing bad will be happening. It'd be obvious if something was going wrong.

Thanks for that, it was more just because the manual stated it will cause damage to the gearbox if the cocking lever is locked back when fired... Thought as the EBB is connected to the piston that if its in a locked back position it would just not release the piston.....

Depends how its attached but the ones I have seen so far have the return spring on the outside of the gearbox and the catch on the piston inside as a sliding separate piece. So it shouldn't in theory impact the gearbox at all, it is specifically designed to not do so on purpose. But I haven't seen that gun and its gearbox spilled open so I can't be sure that is how its blow back is designed, but if its still working as it was when you got it then I wouldn't worry its likely not quite as badly designed as the manual might suggest.

Whether you did that or not it might still fall apart on Sunday. Its an airsoft gun, there are a lot of stresses and strains in a very small space, a space designed around real rounds and not a gearbox so its still got every chance of breaking. I don't think you made that any more likely, but its still likely all the same!

• Supporters

Whether you did that or not it might still fall apart on Sunday. Its an airsoft gun, there are a lot of stresses and strains in a very small space, a space designed around real rounds and not a gearbox so its still got every chance of breaking. I don't think you made that any more likely, but its still likely all the same!

It's also a D-Boys... not known for good quality internals, so the fact that you like tinkering, Rob, is probably a good thing, because if I were you i'd be expecting it to give up the ghost sooner rather than later. Having said that, you get the odd one of any make which turns out to be a very fortunate combination of tolerances and lasts forever.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.