Thematic load outs

AirsoftFNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sounds like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. loadout, theres a whole thread of people doing that.

I do WW2 stuff, British, British airborne, Aussie (early war, late war and mid war).

I love all things mercenary. Mixing tactical gear with stuff from another style. It creates some awesome things, and you can make an outfit for pretty much any gun without spending a bunch on proper looking operator gear.

Basic merc I'd say would be, black t-shirt (whatever fit you want), any camo on your bottom half (or black, olive, or tan cargos, whatever floats your boat), a security belt or a basic chest rig with a few things on (angled pistol holsters on your lower torso look pretty sweet if you can get them right), some sort of anything to cover your lower face (shemagh, mesh mask, bandana, ninja mask, whatever), and whatever eye protection floats your boat, any headwear you want really (berets, boonie hats and bandanas are good for this kind of thing). As far as footwear, magnums or something would do, or I guess timberlands could work if you're going for a more desert-y look. Then expand on it however you see fit.

I think most people who do airsoft go for at least some sort of 'look' that they personally like, be it a fully accurate military unit appearance, or something more esoteric. You'll find a lot of posts on here about how best to get certain looks, lots of people have more than one of these too, since we all tend to have an interest in a few theatres of war or periods in history. Personally, I have a preference for a bit of a SWAT type of look for indoor stuff, and a US Army Vietnam War look for outdoor stuff, but I've got a bunch or Russian gear too, some of which makes an appearance when it turns a bit colder (for obvious reasons). any excuse to run about with an AK or a Dragunov is no bad thing. :ph34r:

• Supporters

Sounds like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. loadout, theres a whole thread of people doing that.

Metro 2033 is a lot easier to achieve actually! It's more Soviet era outfits with slight tweaks than the STALKER stuff is.

Be good to see if someone can build a Metro style gun though. An HPA rig with meters and valves wouldn't look out of place then!

• Supporters

My Soviet-Afghan War loadout:

me_early80s_sov_kgb_field_morena_01.jpg

...apart from the boots is the period correct field uniform of a Captain of KGB circa 1980-85

I recently bought a pair of the correct canvas and leather boots too, but I've been away so they're probably waiting at my local RM depot. I'm also building a collection of period correct things to carry - wallet, documents, pen, wrist compass, 1st aid box, cigarette packets, and i'm after a petrol lighter and cut-throat razor - so I could do a filmsim of some sort one day, but also just for the interest.

I also have a bright orange springer very similar to this:

8901a_c4_series__44876_zoom__22621_zoom.

...Beretta CX4 Storm

At some point I intend to turn it into an RIF AEG and then go full ahead with a Battlestar Galactica loadout, including a converted TM FN 5-7, or 2 maybe, with wood effect pistol grip and the underslung heavy caliber Cylon killing thingy. I sorta could do it with my G36KV as one of those was used in BSG, but only for one episode, whereas the Storm pops up all over the place. There's a few cosplay suppliers who make the uniforms and also a company in the USA which make screen accurate belt rigs with one or two holsters for the 5-7/s (a la Starbuck) and ammo pouches.

If I ever get the parts I have collected ready back (as someone has run off with some) I intend to make a dedicated 'post apocalyptic' AK which should be good for everything from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to Babylon AD, via Metro 2033 or even District 9 and yeah, gas masks :wub: particularly PBF 'orangutan' stylee Russian ones - I'm part way through making mine ballistic/BB proof.

Something I saw on etsy.com and loved was a steampunk inspired AK AEG with antiqued brass gas tube and bits and some decorative cloisonne (sp?) type stuff inlaid with a couple of glass 'jewels'.

I'm devising a way to turn a sten into a bastard from the Metro game, similar design just the aesthetics, optic mount, etc. to worry about.

Only reason I have a stalker loadout is because it started as a metro one haha

Obviously realism will take a back seat to practicality in some cases, but it looks a fairly easy project the more I think about it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.