Qioptiq Kite Sight

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A friend of mine in the business works for this maker.

The Kite is well known in the military but I cant find if anybody makes anything resembling it, shape-wise ?

I can only find the usual Aimpoints, EoTechs etc

• Supporters

That IS an odd looking beast! I don't know that you'll have a lot of luck with that though as it is a night vision sight. There's not a huge call for replicas of anything that isn't US either (just look at the lack of decent AK scopes) hence the wealth of Aimpoints and EOTechs.

• Supporters

^^Can your friend not liberate a non working one that was headed for the bin?

• Supporters

Not difficult to take the guts out of a bog standard 32mm/40mm tube red dot and fit them into the space vacated by the expensive bits of the sight you're after. I realise that getting hold of one may not be the simplest operation for your mate. Perhaps I should have said "liberate with extreme prejudice" - just depends how good a mate he is vs how penny pinching/fascist/struggling his employers are.

Edited by Ian_Gere
spelling doh!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.