Custom Silverballer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, having played a lot of Hitman recently, j'aime bien les Silverballers. As such, I want to do a replica (/pair) of the legendary guns. Using a TM 1911 Government Model should be a start.

However, the blacked and trded gun will not be enough to satisfy me. Pachmayar grips can be bought, fine. But what gets me is trades and painting. Will a Halfords Stainless Steel paint do the job well enough to look the part nicely? And as for the trades-how to remove engravings? I was considering filling them in with 'liquid metal' or JB Weld or something then sanding flush, before laser engraving the sweet sweet Agency trades.

Can anyone tell me about Halfords Stainless Steel paint, or any better way of removing engraved trades?

• Supporters

So, having played a lot of Hitman recently, j'aime bien les Silverballers. As such, I want to do a replica (/pair) of the legendary guns. Using a TM 1911 Government Model should be a start.

However, the blacked and trded gun will not be enough to satisfy me. Pachmayar grips can be bought, fine. But what gets me is trades and painting. Will a Halfords Stainless Steel paint do the job well enough to look the part nicely? And as for the trades-how to remove engravings? I was considering filling them in with 'liquid metal' or JB Weld or something then sanding flush, before laser engraving the sweet sweet Agency trades.

Can anyone tell me about Halfords Stainless Steel paint, or any better way of removing engraved trades?

Don't use Halfords paint. It's almost universally shite. If you want a GOOD metal finish use Alclad and follow the instructions OR get a metal framed gun and polish it.

• Supporters

WA used to make a Hardballer replica which would actually be a better starting point if you want it to look right.

WA used to make a Hardballer replica which would actually be a better starting point if you want it to look right.

Cheers about the finish,that woulda been a disaster. That hardballer wouldn't work unfortunately, it's a longslide;a painted TM seems to be the way

• Supporters

Cheers about the finish,that woulda been a disaster. That hardballer wouldn't work unfortunately, it's a longslide;a painted TM seems to be the way

Silverballers are longslide guns.

• Supporters

Silverballers are longslide guns.

Scratch that, the Hardballer I linked to IS way to long, you're right.

Are you looking to do a film version or game version? The guns in the film are Para Ordnance P18.9's http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hitman_(2007)#Para-Ordnance_P18.9 as opposed to the AMT Hardballers in the games http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hitman_2:_Silent_Assassin#AMT_Hardballer which have rear sight placement that is different to the 1911 MEU.

In a similar way to the STALKER thread I guess it depends on whether or not you want an accurate replica of the screen/game used gun or just something that looks a bit like it. The former will be quite tricky and potentially require some custom work (there's plenty of people out there that have already been down this route) but the latter should be relatively easy. As you say the grips are readily available (if not exactly cheap) and then it's just a case of polishing the bejesus out of a metal 1911.

• Supporters

Game, would the trade removal and laser re-etching do the trick? Could I sand back a KJW and polish?

If you can find a gun with a slide that looks right and DOESN'T have engraved trades then yes a sand and laser etch should do it. However, bear in mind that the MEU has two sets of cocking grips on the slide and the wrong style of sight to be a true replica. The standard 1911A1 also has the wrong sights but does have the one set of cocking serrations.

Also - grips. The Pachmayr wraparounds can be had but the only ones I've seen with the hitman emblem on have been standard 1911 style ones. That said the game wiki shows a version with standard Pachmayr wraparounds so it's your call http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/AMT_Hardballer

• Supporters

This might be of some use to you, perhaps?

Saw it the other day, just went back to find it.

• Supporters

I'm happy with Pachmayars and a polished 1911a1, is there a clean no trade KJW slide?

Sounds cool. Not sure about the available slides for KJW but there's a wealth of aftermarket stuff out there. If you're not married to the KJW idea though the nickel MkIV suggested in Eds post might be an easier option!

Sounds cool. Not sure about the available slides for KJW but there's a wealth of aftermarket stuff out there. If you're not married to the KJW idea though the nickel MkIV suggested in Eds post might be an easier option!

Yeah, thanks Ed but it looks too shiny, cheers though

EDIT: actually scrap that, thanks! Looks really good

A decision has been made. KJW M1911A1, with Pachmayar grips. Slide and frame stripped bare (trades not engraved), polished and laser etched with insane Agency trades. Suppressor adapter and JBU 120mm supressor. Barrel extension...or silencer with foam..?

Well best of luck with it i seen a guy do Hitman Agent
in a Scoutthedoggie video he seemed to wreck the enemy team haha

• Supporters

Foam filled silencers are a waste on a GBB, all the noise comes from the action cycling and not the muzzle, so you might as well get an extended inner barrel.

Scratch that, the Hardballer I linked to IS way to long, you're right.

Are you looking to do a film version or game version? The guns in the film are Para Ordnance P18.9's http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hitman_(2007)#Para-Ordnance_P18.9 as opposed to the AMT Hardballers in the games http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hitman_2:_Silent_Assassin#AMT_Hardballer which have rear sight placement that is different to the 1911 MEU.

In a similar way to the STALKER thread I guess it depends on whether or not you want an accurate replica of the screen/game used gun or just something that looks a bit like it. The former will be quite tricky and potentially require some custom work (there's plenty of people out there that have already been down this route) but the latter should be relatively easy. As you say the grips are readily available (if not exactly cheap) and then it's just a case of polishing the bejesus out of a metal 1911.

Quick question how would I remove a KJW finish and then polish it to mirror?

• Supporters

Quick question how would I remove a KJW finish and then polish it to mirror?

Sand the finish off, smooth it with a cutting compound (T-Cut for example) and then polish with a mop and metal polish. A Dremel or similar would help.

Sand the finish off, smooth it with a cutting compound (T-Cut for example) and then polish with a mop and metal polish. A Dremel or similar would help.

Cheers :) real steel suggests 2000 grit sandpaper for a while, then metal polish and mop, T-cut sounds a great middle stage!

• Supporters

Just as an aside - after seeing it on another thread if you want the right look for the movie gun this: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/WE-Para-Ordnance-P-14-45-1072.html#SID=27 might be the way to go. Obviously it's completely the wrong colour but at least it has the right rear sights (if you're as anal about the details as me).

Thanks, but I'll stick with KJW-with CO2 mags available, good accuracy and savage kick, sights can be forgiven :P plus WE 1911s are regarded as dire on gas efficiency, and reliability. As the venerable KhanSeb said, "probably the best 1911 if you don't want a plastic Marui". Thanks though, appreciated :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.