Kimber warrior 008

Rusty Reaper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello, i reacenty bought a kimber warrior 008 and noticed the firing pin hits the slide quite hard, its now started to disstort the metal pin and slide,

Is there any way i could stop this??

Thanks,, russell.

You mean the hammer hits the back of the slide quite hard?

Not a big deal. The Kimber Warriors are cheap things and the metal is a cheap pot metal. WE 1911's occasionally have this issue where the hammer starts to make a mark on the back of the slide but it's not going to do much other than that.

If it's a big deal to you then just replace the hammer spring but really, it's nothing to worry about other than a small indentation on the back of the slide.

They're alright for skirmishing, I have the 09 model, which is essentially the same internals, but all GBBs struggle a bit in low temperatures because of the way they function to propel the BB, as well as the drop in pressure of the surrounding air mass to some extent. The build quality of them is not the best as you have doubtless realised by now, which is only to be expected on a GBB pistol which you can buy new for less than sixty notes, however, It'll do for a while, but you will probably want something a bit better eventually. That said, the mags are okay and can be used with other pistols (since a mag costs about 14 quid anyway), so it's not like it is a completely dead-end investment even when the thing falls to bits, which it may well do eventually if the amount of rattling mine makes is anything to go by; some of the slack tolerances on them make the AK-47 look like it was precision-built by NASA in comparison. :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.