HELP! Ares AR-005 (G36K) problem....

J-Dogg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

First off, I am a complete newbie regarding airsoft, so apologies if I come across a bit stupid. I've had a quick search for a post about my issue but couldn't find anything.

My problem is with my brand new Ares AR-005 or as it's commonly referred to, the G36K and it's bolt. All of a sudden I can no longer pull the bolt fully back... just an inch and something seems to be blocking it. The gun will seem as though it's firing (semi and full auto) but nothing comes out of the barrel.

Is this a common issue? And how easy would it be for me to fix?

If any more info is needed just ask.

Thanks in advance!

If nothing is coming out but its firing fine then its a feeding issue. Have you tried a different magazine?? Could be the first problem. There are multiple issues it could be. If you put a full magine in try to fire and then take the mag out does a bb drop out with the mag?? Have you tried disassembling at al??

If its brand new take it back to shop you bought it from and get them to take a look under warranty, don't dismantle it as that will void your warranty. Though as said it does sound like a mag feed issue.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys! I did dismantle it (it actually came with half decent instructions!). I did forget to mention, initially, the bolt could be pulled back then when released it would not go fully back - now it's the opposite; I can't pull it back.

When I dismantled it the bolt was fine. All the way back and all the way forward. I tried to see whether anything was blocking it but couldn't find anything. And yes, a bb did fall out when removing the mag.

Would photos help?

Cheers!

Wheb your talking about bolt do you just mean the fake bolt on the opening or is yours a recoil?? It couls simply be the magazine but sounds like its releasing a BB but not getting fed in. Just have a look make use the nozzle pushes back and forth.

The AR-005 as far as I can tell is an EBB. So the bolt sliding back is not just entirely fake, its linked to the gearbox (I don't know if its pneumatic or directly, I am going to suspect directly like the TAR 21 from Ares). If its not sliding back then its either stuck in the gearbox or on the shell of the gun some how. If the gun is still throwing air out the barrel then whatever is broken on the bolt isn't related to the firing issue.

What I suspect has happened is your friend has put the hop up on too high and the BB's are getting stuck and not firing out. Now the barrel is likely jammed and you need to get your cleaning/unjamming rod and clear it out. Then you need to take the bolt back by hand if possible and turn off all the hop that has been applied. If none of that is the issue then its repair/return time depending on how responsible you want to be for the darn thing.

Thanks so much everyone. I'm not entirely sure why the bolt's there tbh. All I know is that I have to "cock" it just once before I can fire.... I think...

Tomorrow, I'll try all these options and hope that solves things.

Thanks again, and I'm sure I'll be in touch again!

James

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.