G&G T4-18

borderdaz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello new to the forum I have just purchased a G&G T4-18 and first time skirmishing and found on semi it jammed at least 10 to 15 times I am using 9.6v nimh and 8.4v nimhs to unjam the gun I have to switch to full auto fire a few BBs and switch back. I am new to airsoft and thought if I buy a good first rifle I wouldn't have any problems. Any help would be great

thanks for the help I am going to get some lipo battery's for next time I go just waiting on G&G to email me what the max voltage I can put in it because it does not have it in the manual and website. A friend told me the motors are crap that are in the G&G and also that when firing a AEG on semi it damages the gearbox

Just got a message back from G&G saying I can use 11.1 lipos and also apparently the mosfet system should of stopped the semi auto jamming and they have

said I need to take it back to the dealer :-( not a good start to my brand new rifle

• Supporters

A friend told me

If I had a pound for every time I heard that!

The motors in G&Gs are not crap. They may not be the best platform for a massively upgraded gun but for the stock gearbox they work absolutely fine.

One of the main issues (an "undocumented feature" if you will) with any standard V2 gearbox (as is fitted to M4 style guns like yours) is that in semi if you rapidly tap the trigger sometimes the gearbox doesn't do a full cycle and it can lock up. As you say, firing in full auto for a few rounds will clear it and off you go. Mosfets can help if they're any good but there have been quite a lot of failures of the G&G factory fitted mosfet when used with 11.1v LiPos so I wouldn't suggest that as a next step. By all means get it replaced by the retailer but consider a mosfet upgrade to a third party one if possible (I use a Gate NanoAB but there are plenty of others out there). You want to try and get a mosfet that will force a full cycle and stop accurately each time you fire on Semi so the cheap plug in ones aren't great, you'll need to look at one that hardwires in to the trigger contacts ideally.

So do you think a 9v lipo would be ok? I think I might just have to use full auto and when people get close then switch to semi. With me being new to airsoft I might wait a bit before changing bits and pieces thanks for the help as well

• Supporters

So do you think a 9v lipo would be ok? I think I might just have to use full auto and when people get close then switch to semi. With me being new to airsoft I might wait a bit before changing bits and pieces thanks for the help as well

I run all my guns on a 7.4v LiPo and it's absolutely fine. Semi and auto depend on site rules. Lots of CQB places are semi only for example (not an issue if you're a woodland player though usually).

If you're concerned that the gun isn't working properly, take it back and get it replaced before you leave it too late. My M4 used to lock up on semi loads before I 1) fitted a mosfet and 2) learned to control the trigger spamming a bit. A lot of it comes as Samurai said from not pulling the trigger back fully and allowing the gearbox to complete a cycle before trying to fire again. If you want to fire a load of rounds, use auto as you say. That's what it's for after all! :)

A lipo might help a little bit just for the extra current getting the motor moving faster. But if it doesn't you might want to try a motor that is faster or a even a hairline trigger. Basically we need to get it to the point where your trigger pull matches the guns time to fully cycle the gearbox, if you can't change your firing behaviour then you need to speed that gearbox up so it completes faster to compensate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.