Flyye Recon Vest

lukelively34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just wanting your opinion on this Flyye Force Recon Vest with Pouch Set ver. Mar MultiCam

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m004-mc-flyye-force-recon-vest-with-pouch-set-ver.-mar-multicam.html

smflyye_force_recon_vest_ver_mar_multi_1

It does have a hefty price tag @£299.99 but I do get a 10% discount with my membership at my Airsoft site. I've looked at the details and while it does have everything and looks decent it's just the price tag that is putting me off.

So again what are your thoughts on this? Thanks.

• Supporters

£300 for a flyye vest?! you could get an LBT one for that.

Utter ripoff;

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=5021

same item, after conversion to GBP it comes in at £161, add on probably $30-40 (£25 max?) on shipping and you've saved yourself over a hundred quid.

I looked at the Flyye vest too, the same one, but was put off by the price.

Then I looked at the Bulldog Assault Mk2 plate carrier, but they're never in stock.

In the end went for a WAS DCS from UKTactical.

Beware the import duty on buying goods from abroad, I've been stung by it and it kills a bargain!

For £300 I could build a whole WW2 loadout. No way I would pay that for a Molle vest.

For £300 I could build a whole WW2 loadout. No way I would pay that for a Molle vest.

But for £300 I don't want a WW2 loadout, I understand you comment but I'm wanting a Molle vest, I just pretty much want to know if Flyye gear is any good.

Seems questionably expensive for Flyye gear, I actually laughed the first time I saw that.

If it was me I'd get something like http://www.uktactical.com/p-7198-warrior-dcs-da556-multicam.aspx

Then add on any extra stuff you want.

What would you say an average price is for Flyye gear and Thanks for the link but I don't like that type of vest I'm not having a go I appreciate the link but I dont see the difference between the link you posted and adding pouches on which in total may add up to or be a little bit cheaper than buying this vest which has everything I need.

• Supporters

Flyye are generally associated with budget gear, and whilst some people have no issues they do have a bit of a reputation for falling apart/tearing. Most of their gear is south of 100 quid basically.

I'm not sure what you would need so many pouches for either, although this is personal preference. I've seen plenty of people get carried away then take all the extras off because it's too heavy plus you carry stuff you never use. If you have never run a plate carrier before I would suggest you start with just mag pouches and expand as required.

Also worth noting that Warrior Assault Systems and similar brands are going to be of much better build quality than Flyye.

I think Flyye does use mil-spec materials, but it's still an airsoft brand. No way is it worth spending 300 quid on when you can get a Warrior Assault Systems DCS plate carrier for ~ £110 to £160 including pouches, or as Cheeseright said even an LBT.

Flyye are generally associated with budget gear, and whilst some people have no issues they do have a bit of a reputation for falling apart/tearing. Most of their gear is south of 100 quid basically.

I'm not sure what you would need so many pouches for either, although this is personal preference. I've seen plenty of people get carried away then take all the extras off because it's too heavy plus you carry stuff you never use. If you have never run a plate carrier before I would suggest you start with just mag pouches and expand as required.

Also worth noting that Warrior Assault Systems and similar brands are going to be of much better build quality than Flyye.

I think Flyye does use mil-spec materials, but it's still an airsoft brand. No way is it worth spending 300 quid on when you can get a Warrior Assault Systems DCS plate carrier for ~ £110 to £160 including pouches, or as Cheeseright said even an LBT.

May as well reply to both quotes seen as it does answer both things, I did some looking around last night and found a plate carrier & belt set (although has no pouches)

My original plan was to have both a plate carrier and belt so weight is evenly distributed.

the brand of this set is Defcon 5 over £200 cheaper plus it's on a 15% sale so even more money off, plus even the pouches are 15% off.

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/load-carrying-systems/plate-carriers/multicam-plate-carriers/defcon-5-plate-carrier-molle-belt-set-multi-camo-detail.html

99-5090-52_1_200x200.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.