Spring advice

GingerBreadMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The fps at my site for bolt action snipers is 400fps and I need a new spring to be under this figure. What springs fit in the mb01 type rifles and what one should I get? I was thinking about an m120 because new hop up unit, piston, tbb and others will increase the fps.

Do you have access to a bench grinder or something like that,or a torch? If so then you can cut springs down pretty easily. I'd recommend to get an M120 then cut down a few coils if it's over the limit. Always go for slightly stronger springs,you can remove coils and never add(Well,you can get new spring but it's not fun to spend 10 quid for trial and error)

Note,some guns like the VSR 10 like to give you a nice Velocity boost if you turn up the hop up,At least it happens to me. Gun comes in at 320 on the dot for me with the hopup nearly off but it goes up to 335 with it turned to lift .30s,This is caused mostly with soft hopup buckings I find.

I have looked at aspuk and there is some great stuff to get, but they don't seen to sell any spring less than m150 I'm looking for about an m120. Could I just cut some coils off of one of those then?

Edit: would vsr springs fit? If so there are m130 ones that would be easier to cut down

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.