What do you bring as a snack when airsofting?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last time I just had a snickers bar and coffee don't like to run around on a full stomach after lunch.

Loads of Hershey bars.

Issue rat packs contain everything you need for a days skirmish with stuff left over for the car journey home

• Supporters

Until recently I've played 7-8 hour non-stop games. Earlier I brought 2 sandwiches and about 2 bars of small chocolates in case energy runs out. Then I read, that you don't actually need that and I gave it a try. Turned out you really don't need food for an 8 hour long non-stop game actually. You have a normal breakfast, and after the game of course you are hungry but during the game you don't feel hunger and you don't need any food to have the energy. Just drink a lot if you are tired, that's it.

In the last 1-2 years I didn't bring any food with me and it was actually a relief not to worry about lunch. :)

For WW2 games, everyone tends to stay in period. So Chocolate for snacks and Spam and crackers (I tend to go with oatcakes) for lunch. Hopefully one day I will persuade a small group to join me in doing the Aussie impression so we can form an elite field Barbie unit. I just think it would be hilarious to have a group of Aussie's set up a BBQ in the middle of a battle :D

Best thing is to stock up on stodge for breakfast. I normally have a bowl of cereal, bit of toast, sometimes a yoghurt and always some coffee.

I tend to not bring snacks but only a couple bottles of water as hydration is more important than snacking.

Lunch for me I tend to eat a little earlier than I normally would at home as I feel it settles better than trying to scoff it all in the lunch break and also bomb up mags etc. and prevents me from getting a stitch the game after the break.

Mars bar stuffed in a pistol mag pouch, just have to remember not to try sticking in my Glock. That usually sees me through until the Greggs sausage roll and beans provided by the site for lunch.

I also bring a bunch of bottles of water to neck during the day.

• Supporters

On normal skirmishes, water and occasionally a packet of mentos or polo's for a bit of something tasty. Lunch times a sandwich, crisps and some biscuits but back at the car.

On longer games where I won't be coming in for lunch I carry things that I can pick at. High salt especially during the summer or when it is particularly hot. When its really hot and I know stopping will be a problem I will include isotonic drinks, last year during a milsim I got quite severely dehydrated and was on the brink of having to require medical intervention. Since then I take making sure I have enough salt and water quite seriously.

Tescos have these snack bags ( like half size sandwich bags). Three in my PC will contain, salted peanuts, biltong and dried fruit. I've recently been introduced to tuna in pouches, they look hideous but taste pretty good, especially the lime and pepper or tomato and herb ones from John West. Easy to eat in the field just tear off the corner and squeeze it out. Another easy to carry food I've been carrying round in pockets for quick snacks for quite a long time now are frubes, those yoghurt tubes you put in kids lunches. They make great easy snacks. Started that one 11 years ago at my first festival.

I try to avoid chocolate bars as they have a habit of melting.

My requirements of snacks are, small, lightweight (or atleast good nutrition for weight ratio), quiet to carry and eat.

D: Hershey chocolate is terrible!

I know, but you gotta be authentic, right?

Chocolate bars and water, I'm used to running/working on next to nothing

I drink decaff tea so plenty of water to keep me hydrated and a 58 pattern water bottle in my chest rig to drink outside

If it's a 7-8 hour game I bring along a sandwich,two or three nature valley crunchy bars and some small pieces of fruit. Often small amounts-I never really stop for lunch during these non stop games- Just sort of nibble on something while on patrol or hiking.

It's the 27 hour games I usually go all out. Lidl brand Bratwurst,Cooked barley,Polish saurkraut and carrot salad and maybe some noodles is my usual ration. Sometimes I might throw in Holubtsi(rice and meat rolled in cabbage) or something.

If i ever went again (estimated time: never), i'd bring pistachio nuts and dried mangos with me.

When was the last time you went to a skirmish frizzle?

I usually play at games 6-11 in the evening so its easier to have a decent dinner before i go, bring too much water then have a go ahead bar during the 10 minute break. I'll usually end up buying some over priced drink from the site shop though..

When was the last time you went to a skirmish frizzle?

You've stoped airsofting?

Oh no, i've not stopped, just haven't had the chance to go yet since my parents don't trust me to go shooting people.... I've went twice so far, once with a rental and once with my AK (worst decision ever). The most i do now is shoot can out of my window and occasionally piss off my neighbours.

I'll just wait till i'm 18, actually, yeh; when i hit 18, the first thing i will do is go to Landwarrior airsoft shop which roughly ans hour bus journey, walk in and buy something £300+. It will be two tone but i don't give any shits about colours anymore, i'll just spray it red or purple when I get home.

when doing trackdays on my bike I normally bring a banana, packet of jaffa cakes and water, then get lunch on site. But trackdays burn a lot of calories far more than airsoft. If I was doing just a half day airsoft I'd not bother with anything really, Holmbush has tea/coffee and if I was peckish they sell chocolate bars on site

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.