The 'lil toy gun project thread ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Before I get a load of hate, let me explain my self ;)

I just fancied a little "project" of sorts, that would involve taking something apart even if it was plastic ;)

The toy is a Colt .45. I would love to "give" it a functioning slide (if that's what it's called...) and a magazine. Not one that when you pull the trigger it goes back and forth, but just a "slide" that you could pull back and release.

imagejpg2_zpsecb4af73.jpg

That's the gun I plan on doing it on. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Got some plans drawn up and have disemboweled some pens and made it quite heavy. I would really like some feedback and advice etc and to know if its legal. It wouldn't shoot anything either.

Thanks.

I don't realy see why its pointless......

The reason for not getting a springer or something like that is due to not being allowed.

As for the point, I was going to throw it away and I thought why not make good use of it while I cant do much to the diorama that I'm making and it involves taking something apart and building stuff :-0!!!!

;) I dont get what you mean though, as I wont have to buy anything and it won't be high on my list of priorities, in a way, something to do when I have done everything else I need to eg homework etc.

Why put time and effort into something that won't really do anything and will probably not be able to have the functions you plan on when you could just convince a parent to buy you a 1911 springer with the same functions but can actually shoot something. Not trying to hate, just some constructive criticism to give you some ideas

Edited by SimonQuigley

Waste of time and resources to get a toy gun working, which won't fire BBs full stop.....

I think you're trying to do too many projects at once, I'd just work on your diorama, finish that and then buy an AEG if you can?

Toy guns, takes me back, anyone else have any of those Italian Edizione Galactoli (I think thats what they were called) cap guns when you were kids (talking early 80s here lol)? Laughable to think they'd be classed as rifs now!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.