ICS AK's

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I'm inexperienced with the Kalashnikov family of weaponry, I was wondering if any of you kind gentlemen could inform me on the performance of ICS's AK's.

Cheers

• Supporters

They're very consistent in their performance.

The only thing that's a bit arse about them is that they are not parts compatible with other brands. IMO the hop unit design is superior to the TM/clone type (even though it works in the same way). The way it attaches to the barrel base assembly is much more robust. Some of my AK mags do not work with my IKS-74U (they don't stay in), but tbh I've got so many different brands of mags, and i'm such a drug addled old git, that i couldn't actually tell you which ones are no good.

I've heard this for them also, but thats about as far as my knowledge goes. Another con in my book is that AFAIK, ICS don't do an AKS-74 variant and that is what my heart is set on.

• Supporters

Yeah, I've never seen one. Pretty expensive to buy the IKS-74U and bolt an ICS full length front end on it too... and the top cover is different too (and a pain in the hole as it obscures the screws needed to disassemble the thing, so you need a right angled screw driver - of course you could replace them with hex head cap bolts and use an Allen key, but you need the right angle to get them out the 1st time).

Edit to add: oh yeah, they're pozi screws too, so about the worst possible to get at with a right angle driver... but afaik they're simple to get to in their full length AK-74's, because the top cover comes right off.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.