Best GBB pistol

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's only correct in a balanced system, where the force supplied is equal to, but does not exceed the f I races required to cycle the system at the defined velocity. So basically, f=ma. If f>ma. The system is overpowered. At that point, to balance the system, you need to increase the mass or acceleration.

Your spring comment then becomes f=kx-ma. But that still assumes a balanced system.

Your comment also hinges on equal energy and force. If change the force of the system, you would equally need to balance the mass, and spring force... Or slide and recoil spring.

But there no reason to get so aggressive over it, son.

What's not to understand? ... Their a simple gas piston mechanism. The science is roughly 1920's technology.

Breaking down the entire conversation...

- They have plastic slides, break with propane

- Use metal

- But lower power

- No... Slide heavier, but more power in propane. Weight up, but also power up... Equal... Balanced

- You don't understand physics.

- Here's some simple physics and "Newton's first law"

- No, you don't understand the mechanism.

So... I'm not sure there's any point in continuing this conversation at this juncture. I've spent the last 3 years simulating/testing gas flow, pressures, gas expansion, stress, strain, mechanisms and complex engine dynamics... Which is exactly this in terms of the science... But I'm happy if you live with the idea that I don't know what I'm talking about if it brings this conversation to an end.

I don't want this to be considered an admission of failure to give the correct information, but for those reading at a later date, they should have a rough idea of why I didn't engage further...

• Supporters

ok, it seems you've been arguing something that was settled on the previous page... TM pistols are perfectly usable with propane.

oh, and since you're such a physics whizz, but clearly not so hot on reading comprehension, you should also have picked up on me using the boiling rate of propane as a constant; i.e. work to the assumption that propane would be used in both guns, at which point the plastic slide remains more efficient because it weighs less!

Ok I seen one my supplier has and it's a WE XDM 3.8, any good?

I know it's not co2 bit I would buy the bulk Coleman propane cylinders anyway if it's a good gun.

No relation to what you said, but the salient arms slide kit for the xdm is gorgeous although it's for marui I think. I would see up for a marui and reap the benefits after :)

• Supporters

Not sure if relevant, but replaced a customers plastic TM Glock 18 slide (which worked very well on WE gas) with a ACE1Arms Salient slide. It proceeded to work very well on exactly the same gas.

The thing about airsoft is that there is a LOT of chairsofting and theoretical talk and very few people actually willing to go out and achieve or experiment with stuff.

Theoretically the metal slide should perform 'worse' than a plastic slide, but often there are more factors to consider than just 'metal is heavy hurrrrrrrrrrrrr' (which, I admit, is a theory that I am a subscriber to)

The TM 1911 is the only one worth buying two_zero. The mags are so small that only the light weight plastic TM slide is efficient enough to be worth while.

NH Shooter, all tm 1911 frames a plastic too, hicapas are metal though, your right on that

ah yea.. think I got it a bit mixed up there because of the metal.

thou still my reaction to "mags doesn't hold enough gas for a metal slide" would be "or you could get a gun that holds more gas". Each to their own thou :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.