Advice needed on pistol holster

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys,

So I have taken up the role of sniper now and will be doing so for the foreseeable future. I am now purchasing a Glock 18c as a sidearm and I am looking for the best way to holster it.

In my sniper role all my kit is stored about my person in pockets, in other words I am not using webbing of any sort.

What options do I have for the pistol? Leg holster, shoulder holster??? What experience could you guys share with me. May be a hip belt and carry a limited webbing system of sorts??

Jon

Are you right-handed? If so, get a left-handed paddle holster and put it in the small of your back. Really comfortable, and very easy access if you're in the prone position. I use a Fobus and can really recommend it.

Either mounted on chest rig / plate carrier, on waist (paddle or on a belt rig) would be my preference.

Leg holsters are okay if adjusted properly, shoulder holsters I don't think are very good. Compared to other options, shoulder holsters are only really good for concealed carry IMO. When I hear shoulder holster I think agent / secret service sort of thing.

With a shoulder holster, have to reach up and across your chest to get it, so it takes a lot longer.

Furthermore it means you can't quickly engage a target straight after drawing your weapon (which you can do if your holster is at the waist)

WE and TM Glocks aren't exactly real dimensions but it will fit a wider Fobus holster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fobus-Paddle-Holster-for-Glock-20-21-/350805425863?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item51ada1fec7

(designed for the G21 chambered in .45 instead of 9x19mm) Unfortunately the other big moulded holster manufacturers such as Blackhawk / IMI don't make Glock 21 holsters.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.