Opinions on camouflage :)

Shinku Tengyo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

----Incoming Wall of text :)----

So, after getting a lot of different peoples opinions on some new camos, I finally decided to go and buy myself some AOR2 combats. The new dilemma I face is my plate carrier. I am very very determined to get a 6094a. To which I have a few options. I would like to look somewhat unique but not spend a weeks waiting on a AOR2 6094 plate carrier which will cost me $100 and 2/3weeks waiting time.

The place I got my AOR2 combats from gave me a nice 15% discount on my next purchase, they don't do the AOR2 6094 however they do have the AOR1 6094. But of course due to this being a tan/light colour compared to green It will be the trade off that I'll be a lot more visible (I play in the Woods surprise surprise). But I think it could look quite nice in combination. I was also thinking If I went with AOR1 6094 I would pick up my pouches in AOR2... I would like opinions though, or if someone could perhaps find a UK seller with a relatively good lookg 6094 AOR2.

Here are some images!

AOR1 6094http://www.ebairsoft.com/images/big/TMC%20Cordura%206094%20style%20Plate%20Carrier%20AOR1%20TMC1211.jpg

AOR2 Combat set with AOR1 6094 http://i50.tinypic.com/6ed8br.jpg

P.S I will be using a AOR2 Boonie and not a FAST OPS helmet too. And I'll be spraying my ICS M4 C15 in AOR2 Digital or as close as I can get it.

Anyway, opinions muchly appreciated!

Mixing camo's tends to look quite good. Camo patterns are by definition, designed to blend in. Before I switched to using webbing, I used a US woodland vest with DPM and no-one would have noticed it was even a different camo.

What I would point out though is that exotic camo patterns tend to be more expensive and when you want extra molle pouches for some new toy, they are harder to find. Then there is the issue of what to do when you join a team with massively different camo or you just fancy a change. For these reasons the sensible choices for expensive plate carriers, that you don't want to buy again is Olive drab or Coyote brown. It will still look cool, but will continue to look cool with any other camo you decide to get down the road.

Thanks for the opinion, but from where I live etc, I doubt i'll be forming a squad or what not for a few years or so, and I really don't change my look/setup much. I just wanted to look separate from everyone else using Multicam, DPM. MTP at my site.

Never the less thank you! :)

• Supporters

What about Tan PC and Green pouches, get a set of either and the tan combats and you have both loadouts you would need for most of the milsim organisers.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.